Chicken spring rolls with step by step pictures. This delicious crispy spring rolls taste amazing with dipping sauce.
Chicken Spring Rolls
Spring Rolls are my favourite, i make them quite often. But most of the time it is chinese veg spring rolls. They are my all time favourite.
About this Recipe
Spring rolls are a type of filled, rolled appetiser or dim sum that can be found in East Asian and Southeast Asian cuisine. The type of wrapper, fillings, and cooking technique used, as well as the name, vary greatly across this vast area, depending on the culture of the region.
Spring rolls origins can be traced back to China. Spring rolls were originally made for Chinese New Year banquets and were stacked to look like gold bars. Rolls got their name because, according to the lunar calendar, the New Year marks the beginning of spring.
The roll as we know it is thought to have originated in eastern China during the Jin Dynasty, which lasted from 266 to 420 A.D. Because of the Easts long, cold winters, families had to rely heavily on pickled vegetables from the previous summer as they awaited the warmer months.
I used store bought spring roll sheets for this and it worked great. If you dont have store bought ones, you can make my homemade sheets .
Ingredients For Chicken Spring Rolls
Chicken Breast :
Chicken breasts are prone to drying out when overcooked, so they should be cooked quickly over high heat. Cooking chicken breasts in a skillet, stir-frying, roasting/baking, or grilling are the best options.
Spring Roll Sheets :
These thin pastry sheets are made of wheat flour, water, oil, and salt, and their square shape makes them ideal for wrapping lumpia, which are fried Filipino spring rolls.
Soy Sauce :
Soy sauce is a traditional Chinese condiment that is widely used in East Asia to add flavour to a variety of cooked foods as well as to aid digestion. Sauce is made from fermented soybean paste, roasted grain, brine, and the mould Aspergillus oryzae or Aspergillus sojae.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe
- Oil - 2 tblspn + for deep frying
- Garlic - 6 cloves chopped finely
- Boneless Chicken Breast - 2 sliced thinly
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Cabbage - 3 cups sliced thinly
- Carrots - 1 large sliced thinly
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper - 1 sliced thinly
- Soy Sauce - 2 tblspn
- Vinegar - 1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tblspn
- Black Pepper - 2 tsp
- Spring Roll sheets - 20
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¼ cup
- Water little for making paste
- Heat oil in a pan, add in garlic and saute for a min.
- Add in chicken and saute for a min. Add in little soy sauce and mix well.
- Add in onions and cook that for a min.
- Add in all veggies and mix well. Cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Now add in salt, sugar and soy sauce. Mix well and cook that for 5 mins or so.
- Add in pepper and mix well. Now the filling is done, set aside in a plate so it cools down.
- Mix all purpose flour with water for make a paste.
- Now take your spring roll sheet infront of you. Spoon in filling in. Roll from one side, when you have rolled half way through. FOld both ends and apply the flour paste and roll it.
- Now heat oil for deep frying and fry spring rolls till golden brown on both sides.
- Drain and serve.
Chicken Spring rolls Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|