“Drumstick leaves porridge which is a very nutritious recipe which is rich in iron, this porridge is easy to make and taste amazing.”
We used to make urad dal porridge often. This is a new addition to our recipe repitore. Addition of drumstick leaves to the porridge is an added nutrients to the recipe. Drumstick leaves is a very commonly grown crop all over south indian.
Drumstick leaves is good for
- used to treat malnutrition
- augment breast milk in lactating mothers
- It is used as potential antioxidant
- antimicrobial agent.
- rich in iron
- aids weightloss
- anti cancer properties
100 Grams Drumstick Leaves has 63 calories
What is Drumstick leaves good for?
Moringa also contains calcium and phosphorous, which help keep bones healthy and strong. Along with its anti-inflammatory properties moringa extract might help to treat conditions such as arthritis and may also heal damaged bones.
Can we eat drumstick leaves daily?
Consuming drumsticks leaves on a regular basis may help you streamline blood circulation well. It helps in increasing iron in your body.
Can we eat drumstick leaves?
Moringa leaves are an example of a simple superfood. It has tons of protein, calcium, iron, beta carotene, vitamin C and more. The leaves, unless very tender, are quite tough to digest, so make sure you pressure cook or steam them well before using in recipes.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Rice - 1 cup
- Urad Dal with Skins - 1 cup
- Gingelly Oil - 3 tblsp
- Whole Black pepper - 2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds / Vendayam - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera - 2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Coconut Milk - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Drumstick Leaves - 3 cups
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add in the seasoning ingredients.
- Now add in ginger garlic paste and curry leaves,. Saute for a min.
- Add in drumstick leaves saute for 5 mins.
- Add in washed rice and dal and mix well.
- Add water and salt to taste
- Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistle.
- Now add in coconut milk and mix well.
- Serve hot.
2)instead of coconut milk you can use regular milk.
3)You can reduce urad dal proportion to ½ cup for every 1 cup rice.
1)Heat gingelly oil in a pressure cooker
2)Add in seasoning ingredients. Add in black pepper, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and dry red chillies
3)Add it in oil and fry till golden
4)Add in curry leaves
5)Add in ginger garlic paste
6)Saute for 2 mins or so.
7)Add in drumstick leaves
8)Saute for 4 to 5 mins
9)Now leaves are cooked
10)Add in washed rice and urad dal.
11)Add in water
13)Cover and cook
15)Cook till done
16)Add in coconut milk