Egg Semiya Recipe - Egg Vermicelli Recipe with step wise pictures.
Egg semiya or muttai semiya is one of the easiest breakfast you could ever make. It is not only easy to put together but taste amazing too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Egg Semiya Recipe - Egg Vermicelli Recipe
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Fennel seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 2
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Green Peas - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Water - 2 cups
- Semiya - 1 cup
- Egg - 2
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add in whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and chillies and saute for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add salt, spice powders and peas and mix well.
- Add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add semiya and mix well.
- Cook till it is cooked.
- Add in eggs on top and cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 mins.
- Now scramble the eggs into the semiya and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan
2)Add in fennel seeds, cinnamon and cardamom
3)Add in onions and green chillies
4)Add in ginger garlic paste
4)Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy
5)Add in chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder
6)Add in salt
8)Add in frozen peas
10)Add in water
11)Bring it to a boil
12)Add in semiya
14)Cover and cook till semiya is done
15)Now it is done
16)Add in eggs on top
17)Cover and cook on low heat till eggs are cooked