Fig Chia Jam Recipe – Fig Honey Jam Recipe with step wise pictures.
Fig Chia Jam is a healthy jam recipe which taste amazing. You can smear a healthy amount of this jam over some whole wheat toast and enjoy in the morning.
This jam is a very unique recipe, you dont need any sugar to thicken the jam. This jam is thickened using chia seeds.
Do you know! Chia seeds has as much calcium as a glass of milk, more Omega-3s than a serving of walnuts, as many antioxidants as blueberries. It is one of the highly nutritious seed.
Chia seedss contains,
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Vitamins A, B, E and D
- Minerals like calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, copper, zinc, magnesium, manganese, niacin, thiamine, and others
Chia seeds can be consumed in so many ways. You can add it in regular water and have it. Or add it in lemonade and juices. It can be added to porridges and smoothies as well.
This is a healthy jam recipe which calls for chia seeds. The jam is thickened with these chia seeds.
These chia seeds has so many benefits within them
1)They supports digestion
2)Great source of protein.
3)Good for weightloss, since it suppress appetite.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Figs - 3 to 4 cups chopped
- Water - 1 cup
- Honey or Maple Syrup or any sweetner as needed
- Chia Seeds - 1/4 cup
- Take figs in a pan and heat till it softens a little.
- Add in water and cook that till it gets pulpy and thick.
- Take it off the heat and add honey and chia seeds and mix well.
- Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- Now jam is done.
- Take it in a clean container and store in fridge.
1)Take ripe figs. Over ripe fruits are best in this recipe.
2)Cut into chunks
3)Take it in a sauce pan
4)Cook on medium heat till it softens a little
5)Add in some water
6)Cook till it thickens
7)Now it is nicely thickened
8)Take it off the heat and add in honey to taste
9)Add as much as you like.
10)Add in chia seeds
11)Mix well. Now cover it and set aside for 1 to 2 hours.
12)Now it has got very thick and gel like. Store in a dry container in fridge. It stays good upto 10 days.