Tomato Jam Recipe with step by step pictures. Easy Tomato preserves or Thakkali jam recipe is made with tomatoes, sugar and cardamom.
I thought of making some kind of special recipe for this new year..But i didn't get anytime to prepare it..So pardon me friends..For us Tamil New Year has lots of traditions to follow..First thing in the morning, we wont see anything other than a mirror which is decorate with lots of flowers and gold jewels. There will so many vegetables as well as fruits which are arranged in a banana leaf. We call this as "Kani kanurathu".
The settings will be something like this. The main dish in this function is "Aval Varatunathu", which is a sweet dish made with poha..And there is a special event happening in this function, which is called as 'Kai Neetam'..People who are elder gives money to the younger people by blessing them. This is how we celebrate this new year.Now coming back to todays recipe..It is a instant tomato jam, which taste so good..You can make it pretty quickly and it contains no preservatives.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Tomato Jam Recipe | Thakkali Jam Recipe
- 5 large Tomato
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Cardamom
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Take tomatoes and make slashes all over the tomatoes..Heat water in a sauce pan,bring it to a boil. Add the tomatoes in and cook for 1 mins. Remove it and place in ice cold water. Now peel away the skin, it will come pretty easily.
- Chop up these peeled tomatoes and add it to a blender and make into a puree.
- Add this puree, sugar, cardamom and salt in a kadai and heat it up. Mix well.
- Bring this to a boil and cook it for 15 mins. It will turn reddish colour.
- When it gets thick add a tblspn of ghee and mix well..
- It will be thick and glooby. Allow it to cool down.
- Transfer it to a clean container and store in fridge.
Tomato Jam Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients
|Criss cross your tomatoes
|Put in boiling water
|drop them in ice cold water
|peel the skin off
|all peeled and naked
|chop them up
|add in blender
|and make into a puree
|add it to the kadai along with sugar
|and a pinch of salt
|boil it and cook till it get thick
|add ghee and mix well