Garlic potato recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious roasted potatoes flavoured with garlic and spices.
About Garlic Potatoes
Ingredients for Garlic Potato Roast
Baby Potatoes :
Baby potatoes are potatoes that have been removed from the ground before they have fully grown. potatoes have a sweeter flavour as a result of this. It has a pale brown thin outer skin and a creamy off white interior.
Dry Red Chillies :
Red chilies were introduced to India by Portuguese traders from Mexico. India is now the world leader in the cultivation of dry red chilies. Red chilies are more commonly consumed in hotter regions of India, such as Rajasthan, because they help to keep the blood clean and thin.
Garlic Potato Recipe
- Baby Potatoes - 15 If using big ones, peel and cube it
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 3 tblspn
- For grinding:
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 2 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 3 to 4
- Garlic - 10 fat cloves
- Take potatoes in a pressure cooker, cover with water, add salt. Cover and pressure cook this for 3 whistle, simmer the flame and cook for another 5 mins. Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself. Drain it and let it cool down. Peel off the skin and set aside.
- Take grinding ingredients in a blender and make it into a coarse puree.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add the ground masala. Mix well for a min.
- Add in potatoes and salt.Toss well and keep cooking till it turns golden.
Garlic Potato with Step by Step
|Take washed baby potatoes in a pressure cooker|
|Keep cooking..I found that the potatoes were a
little too big for me, so i used a knife and cut it
in half right in the kadai itself