How you know if a pineapple is ripe?
- Pineapples that are fresh and fully ripe should have bright and healthy green leaves, as well as a greenish-yellow exterior.
- Ripe pineapples should have a firm shell that is slightly soft when squeezed.
- Ripe pineapples tend to have a sweet smell at the base of the fruit.
- If you pluck a piece from the top crown of the pineapple it should come off in a snap.
Grilled Pineapple with Chocolate Sauce
- Pineapples as needed
- Sugar as needed
- Skewers / Chopsticks as needed
For Chocolate sauce:
- Dark Chocolate – 1 cup / 150 gms
- Cream- ½ cup / 120 ml / 4 ounces
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- For Chocolate Sauce. Take cream and vanilla in a saucepan and heat it up. Add chocolate chips and let it sit for 2 mins. Slowly whisk till it get smooth..Sauce Done..
- Now let's make grilled pineapples.Peel the tough skin of the pineapple and slice them into wedges.
- In a bowl mix together Sugar and keep aside.
- Heat a grill pan or a tawa. Dip the Pineapple slices in the sugar mixture and place it on pan.
- Don’t flip it often.let it go for some 2 min. Then turn the other side.After both sides are nicely coloured. Take it off the heat.
- Serve with chocolate Sauce.
2)You can grill pineapples in outdoor grill or a barbeque.
3)You can grill inside in a tawa or grill pan.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Take Cream in a sauce pan|
|and heat it up|
|add chocolate chips|
|and mix well till chocolate melts..Sauce done..|
|Now take your pineapple|
|Cut the top and bottom off|
|stand it upright|
|Slice off the skin|
|peeled and naked|
|Cut in half|
|and cut them into wedges|
|insert a skewer in it|
|all done and ready to be grilled|
|now dredge them in sugar|
|on all sides|
|Heat a grill pan on high heat and place this in that|
|flip over after a couple of minutes|
|Now time for tasting..I love this part..There i go|
|Sorry I could n't stop myself|