Pineapple with Chocolate Sauce is Next Level. If you have ever wondered how the taste will be, you must try this to know it. It is sweet, sticky and toffee like. When dipped in some chocolate sauce, these are super yummy and addictive. Pineapple is one of the best fruits for grilling. It's high in sugar, which means it caramelize beautifully over the high heat. How you know if a pineapple is ripe?
Pineapples that are fresh and fully ripe should have bright and healthy green leaves, as well as a greenish-yellow exterior.
Ripe pineapples should have a firm shell that is slightly soft when squeezed.
Ripe pineapples tend to have a sweet smell at the base of the fruit.
If you pluck a piece from the top crown of the pineapple it should come off in a snap.
Let's talk about pineapple, We like to eat pineapple as it is or may be with little salt and chilli powder sprinkled over it. But when i tried this recipe, i loved it. Now i make this quite often than anything else.
Grilled pineapple can be had as it is, but if you want to take it to the next level, you can serve it with a simple chocolate sauce. I am telling you, this is the most simple sauce you can ever imagine.
These pineapples almost like toffee and you get a nice golden layer on the outside, but the inside stays so much juicy..You will be in heaven when you take you first bite dipping it in some chocolate sauce. With no more delay off you go to the recipe.
Grilled Pineapple with Chocolate Sauce
- Pineapples as needed
- Sugar as needed
- Skewers / Chopsticks as needed
For Chocolate sauce:
- Dark Chocolate – 1 cup / 150 gms
- Cream- ½ cup / 120 ml / 4 ounces
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- For Chocolate Sauce. Take cream and vanilla in a saucepan and heat it up. Add chocolate chips and let it sit for 2 mins. Slowly whisk till it get smooth..Sauce Done..
- Now let's make grilled pineapples.Peel the tough skin of the pineapple and slice them into wedges.
- In a bowl mix together Sugar and keep aside.
- Heat a grill pan or a tawa. Dip the Pineapple slices in the sugar mixture and place it on pan.
- Don’t flip it often.let it go for some 2 min. Then turn the other side.After both sides are nicely coloured. Take it off the heat.
- Serve with chocolate Sauce.
2)You can grill pineapples in outdoor grill or a barbeque.
3)You can grill inside in a tawa or grill pan.
Grilled pineapple step by step
|Take all your ingredients|
|Take Cream in a sauce pan|
|and heat it up|
|add chocolate chips|
|and mix well till chocolate melts..Sauce done..|
|Now take your pineapple|
|Cut the top and bottom off|
|stand it upright|
|Slice off the skin|
|peeled and naked|
|Cut in half|
|and cut them into wedges|
|insert a skewer in it|
|all done and ready to be grilled|
|now dredge them in sugar|
|on all sides|
|Heat a grill pan on high heat and place this in that|
|flip over after a couple of minutes|
|Now time for tasting..I love this part..There i go|
|Sorry I couldn't stop myself|