Tres leches mexican flan recipe with step by step pictures.
Mexican flan is nothing but a rich dense caramel custard dessert. This is super easy to make and taste absolutely delicious. The texture of this flan is unlike other flans, it is little dense in texture and so much richer.
The flan is creamy pudding like which is not too sweet and has a slight bitternote from the caramel. So good.
Normally caramel custard is so smooth which just melt in mouth. But this one has a dense texture in the custard which is just perfect.
Check out steamed caramel pudding recipe.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
I have shared many recipes for caramel pudding on my blog before. check out my caramel bread pudding as well.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1/2 can 200 ml
- Evaporated Milk or Normal Milk - 250 ml 1 cup
- Heavy Cream - 200 ml
- Eggs - 3
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tblsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Take sugar in a pan, melt it gently on medium heat. Dont stir. Keep cooking on medium heat till caramel colour. Now once sugar has reached caramel colour. Pour it into the pan.
- Now take all ingredients in a blender and blend till creamy.
- Pour this into the pan over the caramel.
- Now place the pan into a bigger pan. Fill with hot boiling water. Till it is half way through. Now pop this into a 180 degree C oven.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 mins.
- Remove and pop it into the fridge overnight.
- Next day. unmould. Slice and serve.`
1)take sugar in a sauce pan
2)Melt on medium high heat
3)Keep melting. Dont stir just swirl the pan
4)Now it has caramelized
5)This is the perfect colour
6)Take a pan
7)Pour the caramel in
8)Coat it carefully on the sides
10)You need three type of milk. Cream, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. if you dont have evaporated milk use regular milk.
11)Take milk in a bowl
12)Add in cream
13)Add sweetened condensed milk
16)Take eggs in a blender
17)Add in vanilla
18)Add the milk mix in
19)Blend till creamy
21)Pour milk mix over the caramel
23)Take a bigegr pan, fill it with hot water
24)Place this pan inside it.
25)Pop it into the oven
26)Bake till done. Chill in fridge overnight
27)Run knife around the sides
29)Slice into piecees