"Delicious hariyali chicken kabab which has a spicy green chutney tossed all over the chicken and cooked in open charcoal till succulent and char cooked."
Hariyali chicken kabab is a delicious herby chicken kabab which has a marinate of coriander and mint leaves is so succulent and yummy.
Tip for Juicy Chicken Kebab:
1)Use boneless chicken thighs for more juicy chicken kebab.
2)If you are using breast, then cook it little less.
3)Don't over cook chicken else it will get dry.
4)Marinate the chicken for atleast 2 hours or overnight for best result.
5)Bring chicken to room temperature before cooking.
6)You can marinate the chicken for upto 2 days.
7)Store marinated chicken in freezer upto a month. Thaw it in fridge overnight before cooking.
YOU WILL FIND THIS TOP 21 GRILLED, BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES
You will love my Chicken Kabab Recipe
Few tricks to get juicy kebab:
It is best to use chicken thighs (dark meat). It has more fat and keeps the kebab moist. White meat(chicken breast) tend to get dry when cooked longer. But you can use chicken breast, but always keep an eye on the cooking time.
Marinating chicken helps the chicken to absorb as much flavour as possible. So marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours. Marinate it for minimum 2 hours to maximum overnight or upto 2 days.
There are certain ingredient which helps the chicken turn juicy. Yogurt and lemon juice adds nice tang to the chicken also the acid helps the chicken to turn juicy and moist.
Always cook chicken kebab in a hotter oven, in grill mode for lesser time.
Other Recipes You Might Like Grilled Chicken Breast Best Grilled Chicken Ever
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Hariyali Chicken Kabab
- 500 grams Chicken cut into pieces
- ¼ cup Yogurt / Curd
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- ½ large Onion
- 1 cup Mint Leaves
- 1 cup Coriander leaves
- 6 Green Chillies
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Take all ingredients in a blender and grind till smooth.
- Take chicken in a bowl, use a fork to prick the chicken all over it.
- Now add in the green masala and mix well.
- Leave it to marinate for 5 to 6 hours in fridge or leave it overnight.
- Now grill it in open barbeque. You can cook it in grill mode in oven as well.
- Cook till chicken is done.
- Serve hot.
- The longer you marinate the better the chicken is.
- You can cook the chicken in charcoal barbeque or electric barbeque.
- For cooking it in oven, preheat oven to grill mode at 250 degree c. grill the chicken in top rack, for 10 to 12 min on each side.
1)Take all the marinate ingredients
2)Take all the ingredients in a blender
3)Grind to a paste
4)Take chicken in a bowl
5)Prick it gently with a fork.
6)Add the masala
7)Mix well, and leave to marinate overnight.
9)Arrange it in a tray
10)now time to grill
11)Grill it in barbeque
12)Flip over and cook