Homemade Tater Tots Recipe with step by step pictures. Potatoes shaped into tots and fried till crispy. Popular American breakfast recipe.
Now coming back to today’s recipe. This recipe is originated from America and as you all know I usually take the international recipes and give a little Indian touches to it. Same goes with this recipe too, I modified it to my taste and style and still it came out perfect.
About Homemade Tater Tots Recipe
This is a simple crunchy snack which you can make in few minutes..So easy peasy to make and of course easy to eat as well.This is perfect as a tea time snack, If you have it with a cup of Indian chai, then you will be in heaven..This can be used as a filing for your wraps and rolls. I am giving you a small idea here,This is the recipe for breakfast egg rolls.
First make scrambled eggs and when it is half cooked add some chopped potato tots in it and mix well..When everything is cooked and fluffy, you can use it to fill your wraps.I usually add some onions, tomatoes, chillies and some Indian spices in my scrambled eggs.If you wish you could add or else skip it. I think you got it. Now you can carry on with your creations. Here you go to the recipe with step by step pictures.
📖 Recipe Card
Homemade Tater Tots Recipe
- 5 Potatoes peeled & grated
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilli finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Corn Flour
- Boil water in a saucepan and add in grated potatoes in that. Cook this for 3 mins and drain it. Let it sit there for 10-15 mins untill completely drained.
- Now add onions, green chilli, cumin seeds, salt, baking soda in that and mix well.
- Add corn flour in this and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Take a spoonful of this and press it firmly with your hands so that it forms a small dumpling like thing.
- Drop the tots in the oil and fry till golden brown.
- Drain in a paper towel and serve hot with ketchup.
Homemade Tater Tots Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients
|Peel your potatoes
|add it to boiling water and let it cook for a little
|and add it to a bowl
|add onions and chillies
|add cumin and salt
|add corn starch to this
|and mix well
|form little dumplings
|and fry in oil