Millionaire's Shortbread Recipe - Chocolate Caramel Bars Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is a indulgent and rich dessert which is great for parties. This dessert is loaded with sugar and butter. This is one decadent dessert.
I have been eyeing on this recipe for quite sometime now. Finally made it just few days back and i am telling you, it turned out fantastic. So good and super delicious. It may seem little complicated to make, but it is not at all hard.
Wheat Bran Bars
Almond Chocolate Bars
Oatmeal Chocolate Bars
Peanut Butter Bars
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Peanut Butter chocolate chip energy bars
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Millionaire's Shortbread Recipe - Chocolate Caramel Bars Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ½ cup 180 grams
- Butter - ½ cup 100 grams
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 11/4 cup
- Butter - ¼ cup 50 grams
- Cream - ¼ cup
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Vanilla Extract - ½ tsp
- Butter - 2 tblsp
- Dark Chocolate Chips - 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take flour, salt in a bowl and mix well. Add cold butter and rub it into the flour so it resembles a wet sand.
- Press this into the square pan and bake for 15 to 20 mins till light golden. Remove and set aside.
- Now make caramel. Take sugar in a heavy bottom sauce pan and heat till it starts to bubble and caramlelize.
- Swirl the pan but dont stir it. Swirl till the sugar gets nice and golden.
- Now add in butter and mix well. Add in cream and mix well. Add salt and vanilla and boil this for 2 mins.
- Remove and cool for 5 mins.
- Now pour this over the shortcrust and cool this completely.
- Now take butter in a sauce pan and melt it down. Add chocolate chips and melt it completely.
- Pour this over the caramel and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Now slice into bars.
1)Line a square pan with parchment paper.
2)Take flour in a bowl.
3)Add in salt.
4)Add in butter.
5)Rub the butter into the flour.
6)Now it is done.
7)Transfer it to the pan
8)Press it firmly. Now pop it into the preheated oven and bake.
9)While it is baking, make the caramel.
10)Heat till the sugar melts.
11)Cook till sugar gets golden. At this point dont stir the sugar. Swirl the pan and keep cooking till sugar is golden.
12)Now the sugar is well caramelized.
15)Bring it to a boil.
19)Set aside to cool for 5 mins.
20)Now the base is done.
21)Pour the caramel sauce on top.
22)Leave to set for 2 hours in fridge
23)Take butter in a sauce pan
24)Melt it down
25)Add chocolate chips
26)Melt it gently
27)now the caramel is set
28)Spread chocolate on top and let it set.
29)Slice and serve,