Cashew Chicken Kebab Recipe with step by step pictures. Kaaju Chicken Tangri Recipe made with cashew marinate taste delicious.
Cashew Chicken Kebab Recipe
I saw this recipe from one of the cookbook which I got as a compliment with my microwave oven. I prefer cooking chicken in oven rather than in kadai or stove top, the reason is you don't need to add any additional oil or fat to make the chicken crispier, plus it stays moist and succulent.
This particular recipe is fat free or healthy, because there is a good amount of cream as well as cashews going inside this but it is so easy to make. I don't have to stand by the side and check it whether it is cooked or not. Just set the time and go that’s it. But there are lots of chicken recipe in my blog which you can make in the oven which are pretty healthy than deep frying it.
I made this recipe on a cold rainy day. How about having a plate full of this piping hot chicken on that day. Heavenly right. I made some chicken kofta biryani, shahi kofta curry with this. The meal was a complete hit in my house. My sister's loved it a lot..There is something in the marination which makes it so special..The curd, cream added in this recipe makes the chicken more moist. I hope you will all love it and tell me if you tried this.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Cashew Chicken Kebab Recipe (Kaaju Murg Kabab Recipe)
- Chicken Drumsticks- 5
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tblspn
- For Marination:
- Cream - 4 tblspn
- Cashew - 4 tblspn powdered
- Thick Curd / Greek Yogurt - 5 tblspn
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tblspn
- Kasuri Methi leaves / Dried Fenugreek leaves - 1 tblspn
- Corn Flour / Corn Starch - 3 tblspn
- Oil - 2 tblspn + for basting the chicken
- Salt to taste
- Take Chicken Drumsticks and make Deep slashes all over it, this makes the marination go into the chicken.
- Take those chicken in a non metallic bowl. Add salt, chilli powder and lemon juice and mix well with your hands.Leave them to marinate for 30 mins.
- Now lets make the second marination. Take a bowl and add all the stuffs given in the marination list. Mix well with a spoon.
- Pour this over the lemon juice marinated chicken and let this marinate for 3-4 hours..If you don't have time marinate it for 30 mins or cook straightaway.
- Preheat the oven to 220 Degree C.
- Take a baking tray and line it with foil. Place a baking rack over the tray and place the chicken over it.
- Put it in a preheated oven for 10 mins. When it is done take the chicken out and flip it over. Baste with some oil and put it back in the oven for 10 more mins.
- Now reduce the oven temp to 160 degree C. When it is done take the chicken out and flip it over. Baste with some oil and put it back in the oven for 15 to 20 more mins.
- Set the oven to a grill mode at 250 degree C.
- Now take the chicken out of the oven and flip it back over and put it in the grill mode for 2 to 3 mins so that you will get nice charred bits on the chicken.
- Remove from the oven and serve piping hot with mint chutney or as it is..
Cashew Chicken Kebab Recipe with step by step pictures
|Take all your rich ingredients..You will need some Cornflour too..|
|make some slashes in chicken|
|Add salt, chilli powder and lemon juice over that|
|mix well and let it marinate for a while..|
|Take some cashews in a mixer|
|blend it up to a fine powder|
|Add all the second marination in along with the cashew powder|
|and mix well|
|pour it over the chicken|
|OPPS!! I forgot the cornflour..Please don't be like me..Add cornflour to the marination.|
|Place it in a baking rack and bake it..read recipe instructions..|
|when it comes out it will be like this|
|Serve with some mint chutney..Eat it piping hot..|
Yummm, love chicken in all the forms...this is appetizing.
Super tempting succulent chicken drumsticks..yumm..
Very yummy looking..Though I don't eat chicken i can see the ricness of this recipe and sure try this for my family...Good one aarthi..
Very good one..I can see the richness of the recipe though i dont eat chicken will surely try this for my family...Good one aarthi
wow!! the chicken looks so inviting!!
Loved the look of the chicken legs. Must have tasted awesome as well.
Inside a British Mum's Kitchen
what a wonderful chicken dish!! lovely flavors - yum!
Wooowww..looks very appetizing and tempting too
Super yummy chicken recipe !! Looks gorgeous !!
Delicious chicken , cashew addition looks very nice.
Cashew sauce sounds nice for creamy marination would try it some veggi thing.
Corporate to Kitchen
This is my fav Arti! I have been following your recipes for sometime, I really like your spirit & passion in cooking. Hope you dont mind if I give a small tip? If you place the chicken directly on the baking rack the juices from the chicken will drain off, instead keep a silver foil underneath to retain the moisture. I add in 1/4 tspn of Cardamom powder in my recipe & it makes the chicken more flavourful. Happy cooking:)
this luks great.. problem is i dont hav an oven.. hav a microwave though. what shud i do 2 get it right? pls help 🙂
@AnonymousIn microwave you cannot get the same result. But what i recommend is to place it in the grill stand and grill it, turning often till it is cooked
hi aarthy... i have a lg microwave convection oven... so i shld first preheat the oven and once the beep sound comes i will have to bake it and then grill it for 5 mins ...right????