Keema Macaroni Recipe with step by step pictures. Chicken minced tossed pasta which is baked with cheese taste absolutely delicious.
My little angel is keeping me busy all day. I am totally loving the new mom works and feel. She is getting more naughtier as days pass by and i am so excited to see her little actions..I am getting many mails and wishes from my viewers, thank you guys. Many have been asking about the name of my lil princess. We are still in search and deciding it, i will update you once i am done with it.
About this Recipe
Macaroni is a type of dry pasta that is shaped like narrow tubes. Made from durum wheat, macaroni is typically cut in short lengths; curved macaroni is known as elbow macaroni. Some home machines can make macaroni shapes, but macaroni is typically made commercially by large-scale extrusion, as is most pasta. Different speeds of extrusion on opposite sides of the pasta tube as it exits the machine create the curved shape.
Since elbow-shaped macaroni is the most commonly used variety in macaroni and cheese recipes, the term macaroni is often used synonymously with it.
Now coming to todays recipe. This recipe is inspired from the bolognese sauce recipe. Modified the recipe a lot and made it to my taste. I always wanted to make a chicken keema pasta and finally i made it. I used chicken mince, but you could use lamb of beef as you like. Hope you will try it and let me know how it turned out for you.
Who invented keema?
Many keema delicacies were invented by the khansamas (royal cooks) of several Mughal rulers and Nawabs to please their beloved king and the royal appetite of the court. One of the most common preparations for keema is as a dry curry served with paratha or naan.
Ingredients for Keema Macaroni recipe
Chicken Keema / Minced Chicken:
Minced chicken is another name for chicken mince or Ground chicken. Its a finely chopped chicken cut thats a leaner alternative to beef mince. Skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts, or a combination of the two, are commonly used.
Red Chilli flakes :
Dry red chilli flakes are a spice made from a mild red pepper in the Capsicum annum family. Depending on the variety of pepper and whether the hotter seeds and spongy tissue are included, the flavour ranges from sweet and mild to hot.
Tomato flavour is frequently described as sweet, tart, tangy, or well- balanced. Addictive Tomato flavour is also known as classic tomato flavour or old-fashioned tomato flavour in some cases. Some tomatoes are described as having a mild or bland flavour.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Keema Macaroni Recipe | Chicken Mince Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups Macaroni Or use any pasta
- Salt to taste
- For Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 250 grams Minced Chicken
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 6 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 large Onion chopped finely
- 1 small Capsicum / Bell pepper chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 4 large Tomato crushed
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Cheese as needed I used mozzarella
- Cook pasta in lots of salted boiling water as per package directions. Drain it in a colander and set aside,
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in chicken keema and start browning them. Add in a tsp of cumin powder and chilli flakes. Season with salt. Mix this well and cook the keema well. Remove this on to a plate.
- Now in the remaining oil, add in garlic and oregano. Saute this for 30 sec.
- Now add in onions, bell peppers and saute for 5 mins.
- Add in remaining tsp of cumin powder, chilli flakes and mix well. Season this with salt.
- Now add in the chicken keema mixture, crushed tomatoes, tomato ketchup and mix well. Add in some sugar and mix well.
- Bring this to a boil and cover the pan. Simmer this for 15 to 20 mins.
- Now take pasta in a large bowl and pour this sauce over it. Mix well.
- Pour this whole thing in a baking dish, sprinkle cheese on top.
- Microwave this for 5 mins.
- Serve hot.
Keema Macaroni Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|