Kuih Sago – Malaysian Sago Cake is a delicious cake which is made using sago. This rose flavored cake is super easy to make and is delicious.
Kuih Sago or Sago Cake Recipe is one of the easiest recipe you could ever make. This cake is made using sago or sabudana. This is a simple recipe made using sago. It is one of malaysian popular recipe.
‘Kuih Sago Ros’ is the Malay name of this rose-flavoured sago dessert which is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. Made from tiny tapioca pearls and rose flavouring, this soft and bouncy kuih is then coated with grated coconut. Great for breakfast, teatime or parties.
How to Make Kuih Sago
- Wash and Soak Sago
- Cook Sago till cooked
- Add rose syrup and sugar.
- Cook till it thickens
- Spoon into individual moulds and chill in fridge.
- Coat in desiccated coconut.
Kuih Sago. Sago, also known as Tapioca Pearls, is made of tapioca. Tapioca Pearls is one of the common South East Asian dessert ingredients, widely used in Malay, Nyonya and Thai desserts.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- Sago - Sabudana - Javvarisi - ½ cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Rose Syrup - 4 tblsp
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Pandan leaf - 1
- Desiccated Coconut - ½ cup
- Wash and soak sago for 30 mins.
- Take water in a pan, add in sago and mix well. Add in pandan leaf.
- Cook on a low heat for 10 to 15 mins. keep mixing. Cook on low heat till sago is cooked.
- Add in sugar and rose syrup and mix well.
- Cook till thickens.
- Now spoon this in a greased silicon mould and leave to set in fridge for few hours.
- Now remove it from mould. Coat in desiccated coconut.
- Serve cold.
1)Soak sago in water for 30 mins
2)You can use store bought rose syrup. I used 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water along with some rose milk essence.
3)Bring water to a boil
4)Add in soaked sago
5)Cook till sago is done.
7)Add in sugar
9)Add in rose syrup
11)Take moulds and grease with little oil
12)Spoon the sago mix in and set in fridge for few hours.
14)Coat in coconut