Monkey Bread or Sticky Buns Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Homemade Monkey bread makes the best Christmas morning breakfast option.
This soft buns has a buttery texture and a caramel cinnamony sticky sauce. Cinnamon Sticky Buns are just divine.
About Monkey Bread Recipe
Monkey bread, also known as plucking cake, pull-apart bread, and bubble bread, is a soft, sweet, sticky pastry served for breakfast or as a treat in the United States. It is made up of cinnamon-sprinkled pieces of soft baked dough. Its frequently served at fairs and festivals.
An easy version of monkey bread is made using store bought biscuit can. But making your own dough for it is not only therapeutic but is so worth it.
Ingredients for Monkey Bread Recipe
The primary function of eggs in a cake batter is to provide structure in the form of proteins from both the yolk and the white. As the cake bakes, the protein coagulates and, along with the starch from the flour, forms the cake crumb.
When yeast is mixed with liquid and sugar, it causes dough to rise. While adding flavour, yeast also produces carbon dioxide in the
dough. It stretches and expands as a result of this.
The meat of walnuts is rich, sweet, and earthy. The bitterness is enhanced by the papery skin. Walnuts are high in antioxidants and high in heart-healthy fats. Furthermore, eating walnuts on a regular basis may improve brain health and lower your risk of heart disease and cancer.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM
📖 Recipe Card
Monkey Bread Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Egg - 1
- Dry Yeast - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Melted Butter - 2 tblsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Warm Water as needed
FOR CINNAMON SUGAR BUTTER:
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tblsp
- Melted Butter - ½ cup
- Walnuts - ½ cup chopped finely
- Butter - ¼ cup
- Brown Sugar - ¾ cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- First lets make the dough. Take flour, salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Take yeast, sugar in a bowl. Add warm water and mix well, Leave to activate for 5 mins.
- Now add egg, melted butter and yeast mix to the flour and knead to a soft dough. Add warm water as needed. Cover and leave aside to rise for 1 to 2 hours untill double in size.
- Now make cinnamon sugar to coat the bread. Mix cinnamon, sugar and walnuts and set aside.
- In a separate bowl melt butter and set aside.
- Now snip small portion of the dough using a scissors. Dip it in melted butter and coat in cinnamon sugar and place in a bundt cake pan. Cover and leave to rise for 30 mins.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, vanilla together to form a sauce.
- Pour this over the buns and bake it in oven for 35 to 40 mins.
- Once baked remove from oven and cool for 5 mins,
- Carefully unmould.
- Serve warm.
- The dough can be made a day in advance and stored in fridge.
- You can bake the buns and store in a air tight container in fridge.
- Warm it in microwave for few seconds before serving.
- Serve it with extra caramel sauce.
Monkey Bread Recipe Step by Step Pictures
1)Take yeast in a bowl
3)Add warm water and let it activate
4)Now it is foamy
5)Take all purpose flour in a bowl
6)Add in salt
8)Add in eggs
9)Add in melted butter
10)Add in yeast mix
11)Add in warm water
12)Knead to a soft dough
13)Now the dough is done
14)Cover and leave aside
15)Now the dough is risen
16)Take sugar in a bowl
17)Add in cinnamon powder
20)Take a bundt pan
21)Melt some butter
22)Snip a piece from the dough. Scissors is best
23)Dip it in the butter
25)Roll it in sugar
27)Place in the pan
28)Arrange it like this
29)Leave to rise for few mins
30)Take melted butter in a bowl
32)Add brown sugar and mix well
33)Pour over the buns
33)Time to bake
36)look at that sticky sauce
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Monkey Bread is called as Monkey Bread?
The origin of the term "monkey bread" comes from the pastry being a finger food; the consumer would pick apart the bread as a monkey would.
How long does monkey bread stays good?
Store in a air tight container at room temparature for couple of days.
How to Freeze monkey bread?
Bake the bread, cover it tightly with foil and freeze them. Before serving, thaw the bread in fridge and reheat in oven for 10 to 15 mins untill bubbly.
What is the Difference between cinnamon rolls and sticky buns?
Cinnamon rolls has the butter spread inside the rolls. But sticky buns has the sticky sauce on top which makes it dense and more buttery.
Where does Sticky Buns Originated from?
Sticky buns originated from german.
What is monkey bread and why is it called that?
Monkey bread gets its name from the way it's eaten: by picking off chunks of buttery, gooey dough with your fingers, much like a monkey grooming his friend (which is actually a weird thing to name a food after, if you really think about it.)
Where did monkey bread originate from?
Some speculate that the name came from combining a 1940s Southern slang term for snack food, "monkey food," with a traditional jumble bread. However, it is possible that the name was provided (or at least popularised) by silent and sound film actress