Monkey Bread or Sticky Buns Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Monkey bread makes the best christmas morning breakfast option. This soft buns has a buttery texture and a caramel cinnamony sticky sauce. Cinnamon Sticky Buns are just divine.
Why Monkey Bread is called as Monkey Bread?
The origin of the term "monkey bread" comes from the pastry being a finger food; the consumer would pick apart the bread as a monkey would.
An easy version of monkey bread is made using store bought biscuit can. But making your own dough for it is not only therapeutic but is so worth it.
Monkey Bread Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Egg - 1
- Dry Yeast - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Melted Butter - 2 tblsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Warm Water as needed
FOR CINNAMON SUGAR BUTTER:
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tblsp
- Melted Butter - ½ cup
- Walnuts - ½ cup chopped finely
- Butter - ¼ cup
- Brown Sugar - ¾ cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- First lets make the dough. Take flour, salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Take yeast, sugar in a bowl. Add warm water and mix well, Leave to activate for 5 mins.
- Now add egg, melted butter and yeast mix to the flour and knead to a soft dough. Add warm water as needed. Cover and leave aside to rise for 1 to 2 hours untill double in size.
- Now make cinnamon sugar to coat the bread. Mix cinnamon, sugar and walnuts and set aside.
- In a separate bowl melt butter and set aside.
- Now snip small portion of the dough using a scissors. Dip it in melted butter and coat in cinnamon sugar and place in a bundt cake pan. Cover and leave to rise for 30 mins.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, vanilla together to form a sauce.
- Pour this over the buns and bake it in oven for 35 to 40 mins.
- Once baked remove from oven and cool for 5 mins,
- Carefully unmould.
- Serve warm.
2)You can bake the buns and store in a air tight container in fridge.
3)Warm it in microwave for few seconds before serving.
4)Serve it with extra caramel sauce.
1)Take yeast in a bowl
3)Add warm water and let it activate
4)Now it is foamy
5)Take all purpose flour in a bowl
6)Add in salt
8)Add in eggs
9)Add in melted butter
10)Add in yeast mix
11)Add in warm water
12)Knead to a soft dough
13)Now the dough is done
14)Cover and leave aside
15)Now the dough is risen
16)Take sugar in a bowl
17)Add in cinnamon powder
20)Take a bundt pan
21)Melt some butter
22)Snip a piece from the dough. Scissors is best
23)Dip it in the butter
25)Roll it in sugar
27)Place in the pan
28)Arrange it like this
29)Leave to rise for few mins
30)Take melted butter in a bowl
32)Add brown sugar and mix well
33)Pour over the buns
33)Time to bake
36)look at that sticky sauce