Raw Banana Varuval Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Nendran Banana varuval not only taste amazing but is super easy to make. It is spicy and delicious.
Raw Banana Varuval or Poriyal made using Nendran Banana. I used my fresh homegrown banana and it turned out so yummy.
You will love my raw banana thoran, raw banana fry too
This varuval has a nice onion flavour and the onions makes the banana more tastier and soft. I actually skipped adding water in this and cooked the poriyal long and slow in its own moisture. But you could add little water to help along.
You can serve this poriyal with
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out you.
Raw Banana Varuval Recipe
- Raw Banana / Nendran Banana - 2 peeled and cubed
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning ingredients and mix well.
- Add in banana and salt mix well. Cover and cook till banana is cooked.
- Now add in onions and mix well. Cover and cook again till banana is cooked.
- Now add in spice powders and mix well.
- Cook for few more mins.
1)Heat oil in a pan. Add in mustard and urad dal.
2)Add in fennel seeds
3)Add in raw banana
5)Add in salt
7)Cover and cook till banana is cooked
8)Add in finely chopped onions
9)Cover again and cook
10)Now it cooked
11)Add in chilli powder, pepper powder, garam masala powder
Aloo Chana Sabzi
Sweet Corn Sabzi
Cabbage Chana Sabzi
Aloo Methi Sabzi
Aloo Ladysfinger Sabzi
Gatte Ki Sabzi
Alex Franklin Jude
Why are we cooking the banana before the onion? The onion seems uncooked and the banana has already become mushy for me 😬
banana takes longer to cook. and the onions will add nice sweet taste.
Alex Franklin Jude
Oh! Maybe the bananas we got were not entirely raw. We live in Denmark and it’s difficult to get good quality tropical fruits/Vegetables.
just tried with the recipe....it was soo good....
keep sharing yummy recipe...😃