Spinach Puree for Babies – Spinach Sauce for Babies with step wise pictures.
Healthy spinach puree to have on hand. You can add this to literally anything. A great way to feed kids and babies spinach.
Spinach puree is a healthy way to include spinach in your kids diet. It is very recently i discovered this method. What i do is, as soon as i buy a bunch of spinach. I wash them well in several changes of water. Drain them and cook them down. I then puree them and store them in fridge. They stay good for 5 to 7 days. I use them throughout the week. I add them to dosa batter, chapati batter, curries.
I add this to dosa batter mainly and feed my 1 year daughter daily morning. She seems to love it.
Check this link for more puree recipes.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Spinach / Palak - 3 cups
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Take spinach and wash well.
- Take it in a sauce pan, add water and cook for 5 mins.
- Cool it and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Store it in a air tight container in fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- You can add this to dosa batter, chapati flour or mix with rice along with salt and ghee.
1)Take washed spinach in a sauce pan.
3)Cook for 5 to 6 mins
4)Cool it down. Take it in a blender
5)Make it into a fine puree
6)Add this to dosa batter, idli batter, chapati flour or soup and feed baby.