Treacle pudding is a classic steamed pudding with step by step pictures. Sponge cake with a sticky treacle topping taste so delicious.
This is one of the classic pudding recipe. It is so good, when i say it is good then it is wonderful. I am not a big cake eater, but this one is total different it is delicious very caramel and tasty. I am sure it taste amazing with custard sauce. This pudding is just so moist and decadent.
Treacle refers to un crystallized dark syrup, often known as dark or blackstrap molasses in other parts of the world. It's used to give sticky toffee pudding, ginger cakes, fruit cakes, and desserts a rich, caramel flavour. The dish was mass-produced and shipped into the United States, where it was sold to consumers as a canned food that could be microwaved. It's a steamed pudding with treacle baked on top and occasionally poured on top. Despite its name, treacle sponge is more commonly made using golden syrup.
Ingredients for Treacle Sponge Pudding
Golden syrup is a common sweetener used in baked products, sweets, frostings, jams, and jellies, among other things. Cookies, rice crispies, caramel snack mixes, nutritional bars, ice creams, and sorbets can all be made with golden syrup. It's used in a lot of chocolates, fudges, cakes, and biscuits.
Self-rising flour already contains baking powder and a little amount of salt. It's a common ingredient in many Southern dishes, and it's usually produced from a softer, lower-protein variety of all-purpose flour that grows in the region.
It raises the volume of baked foods and lightens their texture. It's a typical cooking component thats used as a raising agent in cakes, breads, and biscuits.
- If you need to reheat the pudding, you do it in the microwave.
- If you don't have self rising flour, it is easy to make. Check this link Or use 1 ½ cup of plain flour (maida) and add in a total of 2.5 tsp of baking powder and ¼ tsp of salt to the recipe.
- you can use any jam, honey, marmalade.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Treacle Pudding | Steamed Treacle Pudding Recipe
- Self-Rising Flour - 1 ½ cup / 180 grams check notes for alternates
- Unsalted Butter - ¾ cup / 175 grams
- Brown Sugar - 175 grams
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Golden Syrup - 3 tblspn + 3 tblspn check notes for alternates
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 3
- Take a heat safe glass bowl or pudding bowl. Line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper and grease it well with oil or butter. Now pour in 3 tblspn of golden syrup into the pudding bowl and set aside.
- Now in a mixing bowl, take butter, brown sugar, vanilla, golden syrup and mix well till creamy.
- Add in eggs and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking powder and mix well.
- Spoon this into the bowl.
- Take a parchment paper and grease it with oil or butter. Place it over the pudding bowl and place a sheet of foil over it and press it well. Now seal with a elastic band.
- Now take a large pot, fill with water ½ way, place a plate in the bottom. Place the bowl on top and cover with a lid. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 2 hours.
- Now insert a toothpick to check whether the pudding is done.
- Now remove it from pot and cool for 5 mins. Now run a knife around the edges.
- Invert it over a plate.
- Serve with icecream, cream or custard,
Treacle Pudding with Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients
|first lets prepare the pudding bowl, take a heat safe bowl and line it with a circle of parchment paper in the bottom
|grease the bowl with oil or butter
|add in self rising flour...Recipe here or you can
check the notes for alternates