Murgh Malai Kebab Recipe with step by step pictures. Murgh Malai Kabab or Chicken Reshmi Kabab is made with boneless chicken breast that has been marinated in a juicy mixture of curd, cream, cashew nuts, and spices before being grilled in the
oven. It is a popular Indian Kabab dish that can be found in almost any restaurant.
I have already shared my recipe for murg malai kabab. I would say that this is my all time favourite kabab, and i wanted to re share it with new pictures.
This kabab is so juicy and very mild so i am sure kids will love it for sure. This is great for parties. Marinate the chicken the day before and grill it just before serving. It will hit the spot for sure.
What is the meaning of Reshmi Kabab?
Reshmi is an Indian word for silk. This describes the silky-textured, delectable chicken kababs that are a traditional Mughlai dish prepared in India. The juicy succulence of the meat added to the skewers gives Reshmi kabab its name.
The marinade of curd, cream, cashew nuts, and spices gives it a distinct flavour. In fact, the terms Reshmi and & Malai refer to the use of curd and cream. This kababs marination is so juicy and tender that it transforms into a mouth-watering kabab dish. The length of time it is cooked is regarded as an important factor in determining its
Ingredients for the Murgh Malai Kabab Recipe
White Pepper Powder :
White pepper or White Pepper Powder is frequently used in dishes that require a peppery bite but do not require black flecks, such as white sauces and potato dishes. Ground white pepper is used in Chinese cooking to flavour soups, marinades for meat and poultry, and spicier stir-fries.
Green Chilli :
The green chillies in cooked or raw form give a fiery hot flavor. To reduce the fiery hot flavor the seeds and inner membranes could be removed which is effective at reducing the heat of the pod.
Fresh Cream :
Fresh cream is a dairy product derived from milk. It is created by processing and sterilising milk at high temperatures before packaging it. Because it contains only 18-25% milk fat, it cannot be used as whipping cream (which contains almost 35 percent milk fat).
📖 Recipe Card
Murgh Malai Kebab Recipe | Reshmi Kabab Recipe | Chicken Malai Kabab Recipe
- Boneless Chicken- ½ kg cut into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- White Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Ghee or Butter for brushing on top
- Chat Masala for sprinkling on top
- For Marination:
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tblspn
- Green chilli - 3
- Coriander leaves- ¼ cup
- Fresh Cream - 2 tblpsn
- Cheese - ½ cup grated I used cheese cubes
- Curd / Yogurt - 2 tblpsn
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - 4 tblpsn
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix together chicken with salt,pepper and set this aside for 10 min.
- In a blender add ginger garlic paste, green chilli,coriander leaves and blend well.
- Take cheese in a bowl and mash it well.
- Pour this marinate over it and add all the remaining ingredients given in the marination. Mix well and leave this to marinate overnight.
- Remove the chicken a hour before making from fridge so it comes to room temp. skewer the chicken, place it in a foil lined baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to grill mode 250 degree c.
- Grill this for 8 mins. Now remove it and flip over, grill again for 8 mins.
- Now brush it with some ghee or butter and serve hot with a sprinkling of chat masala.
Murgh Malai Kebab Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take chicken in a bowl|
|add in white pepper powder|
|some salt and mix well. leave this for 10 mins|
|take your second marinating ingredients|
|Take coriander leaves and green chillies in a blender|
|add in ginger garlic paste|
|Start by taking cheese in a bowl|
|mash them well|
|add in the ground masala|
|add in curd|
|add in cornflour|
|add in chicken|
|mix well and leave this to marinate overnight|
|now take some skewers|
|take the chicken out|
|place it in a baking tray|
|flip over and grill again|
|serve by brushing it with some ghee or butter|