White Cake Recipe – Christmas Special Recipes with step wise recipes.
Delicious fluffy, soft white cake which uses only egg whites. This cake is so moist and fluffy, you can decorate it as you wish and enjoy.
I had two egg whites leftover from my egg nog recipe. So used that to create this amazing whiter than white cake. The cake turns out so soft and fluffy. It has the most beautiful texture.
I used whipped cream to decorate the cake and decorated with strawberries.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1⅓ cup (160 grams)
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Egg Whites - 2
- Sugar - ¾ cup (150 grams)
- Butter - ½ cup (100 grams)
- Milk - ½ cup (120 ml)
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Almond Essence - ½ tsp
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C. Grease a 8 inch round cake pan with oil and dust all over with flour. Coat on all sides and set aside.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- Take egg whites in a bowl and whip it gently. Add ¼ cup of sugar and continue beating till stiff peaks are formed. Set aside.
- Take butter, remaining ½ cup of sugar, vanilla and almond essence in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add in sifted ingredients and milk and fold gently.
- Now add in the beaten egg white in addition and fold gently.
- Spoon this into the baking pan and bake for 30 to 35 mins. Remove it from oven and cool it down.
- Invert it and decorate as you wish.
- Slice and serve.
1)Grease a round pan with oil, dust all over with flour and set aside.
2)Take egg whites in a bowl.
3)Use a hand blender to beat till it gets nice and fluffy.
4)Once it gets nice and thick like this
5)Start adding in 1/4 cup of sugar little by little.
6)Now it is nice and thick. Set this aside.
7)Take butter in a bowl.
8)Add in 1/2 cup of sugar
9)Add in little dash of almond essence.
10)Add in vanilla essence.
11)Cream till fluffy.
12)Now sift over all purpose flour
14)and some baking powder
15)Sieve half of the mix in
16)Add in milk.
18)Sieve remaining half of the flour mix in
20)Add half of the egg white mix in
21)Fold it gently.
22)Add remaining egg white mix in
24)Spoon it into the baking pan.
25)Smooth the top
26)Pop it in a 180 degree C preheated oven for 30 to 35 mins.
27)I whipped some cream to decocrate the cake.
28)Place the cooled cake on the plate.
29)Spoon whipped cream on top
31)Now take a card and swipe the edge of the cake to create a border.
32)Just like this.
33)Decorate with strawberries
34)Chill the cake for few hours and serve.