Chocolate Pongal Recipe – Chocolate Millet Pongal Recipewith step wise pictures.
Super delicious and healthy chocolate millets pongal which taste really yummy. An alternative for your regular pongal. Try this millet one for this pongal.
Since pongal is around the corner, i was thinking what new pongal to make for this year. I had little kodo millet sitting in the pantry for quite sometime. So used that to make this sweet pongal and it tasted delicious. The taste is very close to sarkarai pongal but it is very easy to make.
I also took half of the cooked millet mix and made chocolate pongal which was very different. But for a change lets make chocolate pongal this year.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Varagu / Kodo Millet - 1 cup
- Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu - ¼ cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Cocoa Powder - ¼ cup
- Jaggery - 2 cups
- Milk - 1 cup + ½ cup
- Cardamom Powder - ½ tsp
- Ghee - ¼ cup
- Cashews - 10
- Raisans - 3 tblsp
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pressure cooker, add moong dal and roast for 1 mins. Add in kodo millet and mix well. Add in water and 1 cup milk and pressure cook for 2 whistle, simmer for 5 mins and turn off the heat. Let the steam go all by itself.
- Now take the content in a nonstick pan, add in ½ cup milk, jaggery,cocoa powder and mix well. Keep mixing till it thickens.
- Now add in Ghee little by little and mix well.
- Heat some ghee in a pan,fry cashews and raisans till golden and add it to the pongal.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
1)Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add moong dal and roast for a min.
2)Roast till golden.
3)Add in varagu
5)Add in 1 cup milk
6)Add 2 cups of water.
8)Pressure cook till done.
9)Heat ghee in a pan
9)Add cashews and raisans
10)Fry till golden
12)Add the cooked mixture in a pan
13)Add in milk
15)Add in cocoa powder
16)Add in brown sugar
17)Cook till it thickens
18)Add in ghee and mix well.
19)Add in fried cashews and kishmish