Dutch Apple Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super moist and soft dutch apple cake which has a soft texture inside but it has a sweet apple layer and a crunchy sugary top.
Such a beautiful cake made using apples. This cake has a soft texture and a crispy sugary crust on top. The apples gets so soft almost like a beautiful cooked apples. The cake taste so delicious with a cup of tea or coffee.
French Yogurt Cake
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Eggs - 2
- Sugar - ¾ cup + ⅛ cup (175 grams)
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Butter - 75 grams
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup (120 grams)
- Cinnamon Powder - ½ tsp
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Apples - 2 peeled, cored and sliced
- Milk - ⅓ cup (80 ml)
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Line a 20 x 20 cm square cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Take milk and butter in a sauce pan and melt gently till almost melted. Set aside.
- Peel and core apples. Slice thinly. Set aside.
- Take eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk till pale and light.
- Now add in melted milk and butter and mix well.
- Add in flour and fold gently.
- Spoon it into the cake pan.
- Top with sliced apples.
- Sprinkle top with caster sugar.
- Bake at 200 degree C for 10 mins, reduce the temp to 180 degree C and bake for another 20 mins.
- Remove and cool down for 30 mins.
- Slice and serve.
1)Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Line a 20 x 20 cm cake pan with parchment and set aside.
2)Take flour in a bowl
4)Add baking powder
6)Take butter in a sauce pan
10)Take eggs in a bowl
13)Beat for 2 mins till creamy
14)Add melted butter
19)Peel and core apples.
21)Spoon batter in the pan
21)Top with apples.
22)Sprinkle the top with sugar
23)Bake at 200 degree C for 10 mins, reduce the temp to 180 degree C and bake for another 20 mins.
24)Cool completely before unmoulding
25)Slice and serve.
I am Aarthi, a happy homemaker, mom of two beautiful girls, married to my high school sweet heart. My goal is to teach people that cooking can be way more easier and joyful than they think. Yummy Tummy features recipes all over the world with step wise pictures which surely shows the ease of cooking.