Chicken Peratal Recipe – Chicken Dry Roast Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious chicken dish which not only taste really delicious. But is very easy to make too. This goes great with rice, rasam or curd rice.
When i was looking for dinner inspiration online, i came across a picture of a spicy chicken curry served with some naan. I got so inspired from that so i made it almost immediately.
This chicken dish is so easy to make, you dont need tomatoes and other stuffs. If you use small chicken pieces then it will be more tasty.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - ¼ cup
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 10 to 15
- Coconut - ¼ cup grated
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves - a handful finely chopped
- Lemon Juice - to taste
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Ginger - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Garlic - 2 tblsp chopped finely
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Curd - ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Kashmiri Chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Dry roast spice powders for 2 mins. Take it in a bowl with onions and mix well. Add all the ingreidents and mix well. Leave aside for 20 mins.
- Take it in a pan, mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 20 mins.
- Now add in oil and mix well. Add in shallots and mix well.
- Cook till the chicken is well browned.
- Add in coconut, garam masala and mix well.
- Add in coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
1)Take chili powder, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and dry roast for 2 mins.
3)Take onions in a bowl.
4)Add in the roasted spice powder
5)Add in salt
6)Mix it well
7)Add in curry leaves, garlic and ginger
8)Add in chicken
9)Add in yogurt
10)Mix well and leave to marinate for 30 mins.
11)Take it in a dry pan.
13)Cover and cook till chicken is done
14)Water will start to come from the chicken
15)Add in oil
16)Add in peeled shallots
18)Stir fry for few mins.
19)Now it is well roasted.
20)Add in coconut and stir fry for 3 mins.
21)Add in garam masala
22)Add in coriander leaves
23)Add in lemon juice