Fish Puli Kuzhambu Recipe – Meen Pulikulambu Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super spicy fish puli kuzhambu which not only taste delicious but is easy to make. This taste super delicious with some hot rice, idli or dosa.
A delicious fish curry recipe which is not only easy to make but taste delicious. It is tangy spicy and super good with some rice, idli or dosa. This curry has a addition of drumstick and brinjal. You can skip it and use only fish alone. Dont add too much water for making this curry else it will get too watery.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Gingelly Oil or Coconut Oil - ¼ cup
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds / Vendayam / Methi - ¼ tsp
- Curry Leaves a handful
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 10 peeled
- Garlic - 10 peeled
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 3 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 3 tblsp
- Brinjal - 1 chopped
- Drumstick - 1 chopped
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
- Water as needed
- Fish - 500 grams
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add in shallots, garlic, onions and saute for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add in salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add in spice powders and saute well.
- Add in brinjal, drumstick, tomato and mix well.
- Add in tamarind water and extra water if needed. Bring it to a boil and cook till drumstick is cooked.
- Add in fish pieces and cook till it is done.
1)Heat gingelly oil in a earthern ware pot.
2)Add in mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds
3)Add in curry leaves
4)Add in dry red chillies
5)Stir them for a min.
6)Add in peeled shallots and garlic
7)Saute them for a min.
8)Add in finely chopped onions.
9)Saute them for 5 to 6 mins.
10)Add in salt and turmeric powder.
11)Stir them well.
12)Add in drumstick, brinjal and tomatoes.
13)Stir them well.
14)Add in coriander powder, kashmiri chilli powder and normal chilli powder.
15)Stir them for few mins till the spices are well roasted.
16)Add in tamarind water
18)Bring it to a boil and cook till brinjal and drumstick is cooked.
19)Add fish pieces
20)Cover with a lid and cook for 10 mins.