Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Best Coconut Cake Recipe - Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting with step wise pictures.
One of the best coconut cake i ever baked. It has full of coconut aroma and goodness. The cake turned out so light and the frosting is a delicious addition to the cake.
I have been wanting to bake a coconut cake for a very long time, finally i did it two days back and it was so delicious. I cannot tell you how good this cake was. It is full of coconut goodness. If you are coconut lover like me, you will love this cake for sure.
Now i have two more cakes to bake, it is a ferrero rocher cake and raffaello cake. So stay tuned for that.
Check out my rum and raisan cake too.
Eggless Banana Bread
Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Banana Cornflakes Muffins
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
Banana Nut Muffins
Banana Oats Muffin
Banana Oats Bran Muffins
Banana Oats Muffins
This is the cream cheese frosting which i used. It is a delicious frosting, i added some coconut extract in that for more coconuty goodness.
At first i thought of trying out ina garten's coconut cake but somehow i ended up creating my own recipe. And this coconut cake is a bomb. If you want you can add some coconut extract in the cake too. And don't substitute the coconut milk added in the cake with milk, you can ofcourse use milk but coconut milk add more coconut flavour and keeps the cake so moist.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
The Best Coconut Cake Recipe Ever
- Soft Unsalted Butter - 1 cup 225 grams
- Sugar - 1 ¼ cup 250 grams
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups 240 grams
- Baking Powder - 1.5 tsp
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Coconut Milk - 1 cup 225 ml
- Coconut Extract - ½ tsp to 1 tsp
- Shredded dried coconut - ¾ cup + 1 cup for decorating
- Cream Cheese frosting - 1 batch Recipe here
MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease and flour two 8 inch round cake pan with butter and flour. Set aside.
- Take butter in a bowl, add sugar, vanilla and mix till creamy.
- Add eggs and mix till creamy.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and fold lightly.
- Add coconut milk and fold gently.
- Add in ¾ cup of coconut and fold gently.
- Spoon it into the cake pans and bake it in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 mins.
- Remove it and cool completely.
- Make a batch of cream cheese frosting. Add some coconut extract to the frosting.
- Now slice the cooled cakes in half middle.
- Arrange it in a plate and frost with the frosting on each layer. Now cover the entire cake in frosting and press with coconut all over.
- Chill the cake for few hours before slicing.
1)Take butter in a bowl
2)Add in sugar
3)Add in some vanilla
4)Cream it together
5) Add in eggs
6)Cream it well
7) Add in flour
8) Add in baking powder
9) Add in baking soda
10)Add a pinch of salt
12)Now add in coconut milk
14)Add in some coconut
16)Spoon it into the baking pan.
17)Bake it in a 180 degree C preheated oven for 30 to 40 mins.
18)Now makes some cream cheese frosting. Check out my recipe using hung curd. Recipe here
19)I added some coconut extract in that as well.
21)Now take your cake and slice in half
22)The cake should be completely cool before doing this.
23)Place some parchment paper strips around the sides
24)Spoon some frosting on top.
26)Place another cake on top
27)Spread with more frosting
28)Now place another slice of cake and frosting
29)Now place the final layer of cake
30)Spoon some frosting
32)Top with shredded coconut, this is dried coconut, i used Urban Platter Dried Blanched Coconut Flakes, 400g
33)Chill for few hours
34)Slice and serve
35)This is one of the coconuty goodness filled cake.
36)It taste amazing.