Rum Raisan Cake Recipe – Rum & Raisan Loaf Cake Recipe – Christmas Special Recipes with step wise pictures.
Moist and flavourful raisan cake flavoured with rum. The cake has so much flavour and the texture is just perfect. Super moist and aromatic cake.
Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Banana Cornflakes Muffins
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
Banana Nut Muffins
Banana Oats Muffin
Banana Oats Bran Muffins
Banana Oats Muffins
This cake has a aroma of rum throughout the cake. If you dont want to use rum in your cake, you can soak them in either red wine or orange juice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - ½ cup (120 ml)
- Sugar - ¾ cup (150 grams)
- Eggs - 1 large or 2 small eggs
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Yogurt or Sour Cream - ½ cup (120 ml)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1¼ cup (150 grams)
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - ¼ tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Seedless Raisans - 1 cup
- Rum - 3 tblsp
- Soak raisans in rum for 2 to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take oil, sugar, vanilla, sourcream or yogurt and egg in a bowl. Whisk well.
- Add in rum soaked raisans. Mix well.
- Add in all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and fold gently.
- Spoon this into the baking pan and bake it in the oven for 45 mins to 1 hour. Cover with aluminium foil loosely half way through so it doesn't get too dark.
- Remove it from oven, cool it down. Slice and serve.
1)Take seedless raisans in a bowl.
2)Soak in some rum and let it steep for 1 week or atleast 2 days.
3)Take oil in a bowl.
4)Add in sugar
5)Add in vanilla
6)Add in an egg
7)Add in some thick yogurt
7)Whisk till sugar melts
8)Add in the soaked raisans along with the rum.
10)Add in all purpose flour
11)Add in baking powder
12)Add in baking soda
13)Add in some salt
15)Spoon it in a parchment lined baking pan.
16)Bake in a 180 degree C preheated oven for 45 mins to 1 hour. Cover with a foil loosely halfway through baking so the cake doesn’t burn.
17)Cool it down, slice and serve.