Chicken Strips with step by step pictures. Delicious chicken tenders with spiced topping and crispy bread crumbs coating fried till crispy.
Crispy Chicken Strips Recipe or Chicken Tenders Recipe with step wise pictures. This is a delicious crunchy chicken strips which has a coating of cornflakes in it. It is super crunchy and stays crunchy for a long time. I have many version of chicken strips on this blog. You can check out my chicken strips recipe and baked chicken strips recipe.
Version 1: Crispy Chicken Strips Recipe
(with cornflakes coating)
1)Cut boneless chicken breast into strips
2)Start by making the batter. Take all purpose flour / maida in a bowl
3)Add in cornflour
4)Add in baking powder
5)some chilli powder or paprika
6)Add in some black pepper powder
7)Add some salt
9)Make it into a batter
10)Now let make the outer cover, take cornflakes in a ziploc cover
11)Crush it using a rolling pin
12)Now take the chicken piece, dip it in batter
13) Dip it in the batter. gently remove it
14)Coat it in the cornflakes mix
16)Now fry this till golden brown
17)Drain and serve with ketchup
Chicken Strips Recipe | Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Chicken breast - 2 cut into strips
- All Purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - ½ cup
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Water as needed
- Cornflakes - 2 cups or as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Take cornflakes in a ziploc cover and crush it till it is coarse.
- cut chicken into strips.
- Take flour, cornflour, baking powder,salt, pepper, paprika in a bowl. add water and make it into a smooth batter.
- Take chicken and dip in batter, coat in cornflakes.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup.
Version 2 : Chicken Strips Recipe
(with flour coating)
Chicken Mince Kabab
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Fried Chicken Nuggets
Bread Vegetable Cutlet
Ingredients for Chicken Strips
Boneless chicken breast - 2
Buttermilk or Yogurt - ½ cup (dilute yogurt with some water)
All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¾ cup
Oil for Deep Frying
For Spice Mix:
Parsley - 1 tsp
Basil - 1 tsp
Rosemary - 1 tsp
Oregano - 1 tsp
Chilli Flakes - 2 tsp
Marjoram - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Pepper - 1 tsp
Sugar - ½ tsp
Citric Acid - a pinch
Chicken Strips Preparation
- Take all the spice mix in a blender and pulse it few times. Set aside.
- Now take buttermilk and flour in separate bowls, add half spice into buttermilk and other half into flour.
- Now take your chicken breast and cut them in strips.
- First dip it in buttermilk and then in flour. Set aside in a wire rack so it dries a little.
- Heat oil for deep frying, drop it in hot oil and fry on high heat for few mins, then reduce the heat and cook for few more mins. It will take around 3 to 4 mins.
- Drain it on some paper towel.
|Take some boneless chicken breast|
|take a strip|
|dip it in the buttermilk mix..you can add all the strip in this and allow it to marinate overnight|
Version 3: Baked Chicken Strips Recipe
I made this yesterday and it has become my favourite. It was so easy to make, but the taste is just fantastic. It is so healthy because you are baking them and the chicken was so juicy.
I served it with gherkin mayonnaise, I am recently addicted to this gherkin they are so delicious, cannot stop eating them all by themselves..When i was looking for a dipping sauce to serve this with, i thought of making a gherkin mayo with red chilli sauce and some sugar to balance all the tartness. It turned out yummy. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Marinating Time : 1 hour
Baking Time : 15 to 20 mins
Serves : 2 to 3
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Strips
Chicken Breast - 2 large cut into strips
Buttermilk - 1 cup
Chill Powder - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Oregano - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Salt - ½ tsp + ½ tsp
Garlic Powder - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Breadcrumbs - 2 cups
Oil - 1 tbsp for greasing baking pan
For Gherkin Mayonnaise:
Mayo - 1 cup
Gherkin - 2 to 4 chopped roughly
Red Chilli Sauce - 1 tblspn
Sugar - 1 tsp
Baked Chicken Strips Preparation
- Preheat oven to 220 Degree C.
- Take buttermilk, 1 tsp of chilli powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and mix well.
- Add in strips in this and leave to marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Take breadcrumbs in a plate and add the remaining 1 tsp of chilli powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and mix well.
- Now remove it from the marinate and coat in bread crumbs.
- Arrange it in a foil lined greased baking tray and bake for 10 mins.
- Flip over and bake for another 5 to 10 mins.
- Remove it and serve with mayo.
- Mix all the ingredients given in the list till smooth and chill until serving. Serve.
|Take all your ingredients|
How to Make Chicken Strips Dipping Sauce
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.