Last Updated on November 20, 2020
"Black bean chicken is one of the delicious side dish you could ever make, Pair it with rice and you will enjoy it."
Black Bean Chicken Stir Fry is a easy chicken recipe which can be made under 20 to 30 mins.
Diced chicken cooked in black bean sauce. Popular take out black bean chicken can be served with some hot rice. For the perfect side dish serve it with some fried rice.
Tips For The Perfect Stir-Fry
- Prepare all your ingredients before starting. When making a stir-fry, things move quickly. Having your ingredients ready keeps things running smoothly.
- Don’t be tempted to use soy sauce – fermented black beans are salty so before adding any soy sauce, it’s best to wait and add it after tasting..
- Stir your stir fry often to keep things from sticking to your pan or wok.
- Change things up by replacing the chicken with your favorite protein. I’ve made this recipe with lamb or shrimp. They were both delicious!
Black bean chicken has become my latest favorite dish. It has a umami taste from the black bean sauce added to it. I used the most popular black bean paste called lee kum kee brand.
The black beans paste is quite salty in its nature, so add it accordingly. Also addition of salt has to be added in caution. since the paste will be quite salty.
I enjoyed the taste of ginger in the chicken, you could add garlic if you like it as well. Garlic would add nice flavour to the chicken.
How to Make Black Bean Chicken:
- Prepare all your vegetables.
- Saute the vegetables.
- Add in ginger paste.
- Add in chicken. Cook till done.
- Add in black bean sauce.
- Cook till done.
- Add in cornflour mixed with water.
- Cook till thickens and saucy.
- Serve with rice or fried rice.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Easiest Black Bean Chicken Recipe
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Capsicum / Bell Peppers - 1 chopped
- Mushrooms - 1 cup chopped
- Boneless chicken - 500 grams cubed
- Black Bean Sauce - 2 tblsp
- Green Chilli Sauce - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - 1 tblsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Spring Onion - 2 chopped
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in onion, capsicum and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in mushrooms and stir fry.
- Add in chicken and cook till chicken is half cooked.
- Throw in the ginger paste and mix well.
- Add in black bean sauce, green chilli sauce, salt, chilli powder and mix well. Cook this for 3 to 5 mins.
- Add in cornflour mixed with water and mix well.Cook till it thickens.
- Add spring onions and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice.
2)Don’t be tempted to use soy sauce – fermented black beans are salty so before adding any soy sauce, it’s best to wait and add it after tasting..
3)Stir your stir fry often to keep things from sticking to your pan or wok.
Change things up by replacing the chicken with your favorite protein. I’ve made this recipe with lamb or shrimp. They were both delicious!
4)You can buy black bean sauce here. LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT PAIRING FOR THIS DISH?
SERVE ALONGSIDE MY BEST EVER EGG FRIED RICE
OR FOR A SPICY ALTERNATIVE: SCHEZWAN FRIED RICE
ANOTHER GREAT PAIRING IS PERFECT CHINESE NOODLES
CHECK OUT GARLIC NOODLES AS WELL
VIDEO RECIPE FOR BLACK BEAN CHICKEN:
1)Heat oil in a kadai. I used a large saute pan. Using a wok, would be best.
2)Add onions and bell peppers . Saute for couple of mins till cooked.
3)Add in mushrooms and mix well. I used button mushrooms.
4)Add in chicken. I used boneless chicken.
5)Add in ginger paste and salt.
7)Cook till chicken is done.
8)Add in black bean paste
TIP: Can't find black bean paste, You can buy it from here
9)Add in chilli powder and green chilli sauce
11)Cook till chicken is done.
12)Add in cornflour mixed with water.
14)Add spring onions
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE MY