Ginger potato with step by step pictures. Potato roast flavoured with ginger and spices which is perfect for rice or roti.
Potatoes are my favourite, i make them quite often..These ginger flavoured are so good. Adding ginger to potatoes are great because they help to get away with the gastric problem which potatoes cause for some people.
About Ginger Potatoes
Ginger is thought to have originated in Maritime Southeast Asia. It is a true cultigen that does not exist in the wild.The earliest evidence of its domestication can be found among the Austronesian peoples, where it was one of several ginger species cultivated and exploited since ancient times. They also grew other gingers such as turmeric, white turmeric, and bitter ginger. Underground stems that have been
modified to store food include potatoes and ginger. Ginger is a rhizome, whereas potatoes are tubers. Food is stored in the stem as starch, which is prepared by the leaves.
Ingredients for Ginger Potato Roast
Fresh ginger has a slightly peppery and sweet flavour, as well as a pungent and spicy aroma. Fresh ginger, like garlic, softens with cooking. It's a common flavouring in Asian dishes. Salad dressings, baked goods, soups, curries, meats, and desserts like gingerbread and ginger snaps are all flavoured with ground ginger.
Kashmiri chiles are tall, thin, wrinkled red chiles that produce a vibrant red powder valued for its colour and mild spiciness. The chile has a slightly smoky flavour. This powder is used in Indian cooking to add colour to dishes that don't require a lot of heat.
Turmeric Powder :
The turmeric root is quite bitter, but has an almost citrusy taste, compared to the powder. Turmeric also has something of a sweet taste, and it is quite earthy. When you use the powder, you're unlikely to notice the texture unless you use a substantial amount,
but it is somewhat gritty .
Ginger Potato | Ginger Potato Roast Recipe
- Potatoes - 2 large boiled peeled and broken into small pieces
- Oil - 3 to 4 tblspn
- Ginger - 1 tblspn grated
- Curry leaves a spring
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Take cooked potatoes and break them into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a non stick kadai. Add in ginger and saute for a min.
- Add in curry leaves and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add in potatoes and toss well. Season with salt. Toss well.
- Cook this on low flame till it is golden brown and roasted well.
- Now add in chilli powder and toss well.
- Cook them for few more mins on low flame.
Ginger Potato with Step by Step
|You need few basic ingredients|