Palkova made using traditional method and also an instant 5 minutes version. Rich milk sweet which taste so delicious and is addictive as well.
I love palkova, i have a traditional recipe of making that here in my blog. It can take hours and hours of baby sitting the kadai. Who can find that much time when they have a little baby to look after. So i kind of stay away from that sweet. But my craving for palkova cannot stop.
So i looked over the internet for quick palkova recipe and i came across a recipe made using condensed milk which is cooked in the microwave. This recipe is spreading like a virus all over the internet and so many blogs have blogged about it. The end result looked so mouthwatering. So i decided to give it a try.I tried this for my hubby's b'day. I thought to give him this sweet instead of cake. My goodness it was so amazing, he loved it so much.
Can you imagine that a yummy sweet can be made in less than 10 mins..How cool is that. Now you can whip this up in no time whenever your sweet craving struck. So try it and let me know how it turns out.
Microwave Dates & Figs Burfi
Vanilla and Chocolate Burfi
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Microwave Palkova Recipe
|You will need Condensed milk,Yogurt and Ghee|
Palkova (Traditional Method)
I love palkova. But I am a kind of staying away from that rich silky sweet because of calorie consciousness. Yesterday I made this yummy desert, because want to make palpoli out of it, which I will post soon..This is one of the recipe which takes lots of your time to make. The cool thing is you can do any work at that time, but make sure that you stir the pot often. You can do your laundry or wash vessels or anything in that time. So its not that bad. But the end result of this tiring work is so worth it, each spoonful taste so heavenly.
|Take milk in a heavy bottom pan|
Palkova | Palkova Recipe | Instant Palgova Recipe
Paal Khova (Traditional method)
- Whole Milk / Full Fat Milk – 2 liter
- Sugar – 200 gms or to taste
Paal Khova (Microwave Method)
- Condensed Milk - 1 can / 400 ml
- Plain Yogurt / Curd - 3 tblspn
- Ghee - 1 tsp
Palkova (traditional method)
- Take a huge heavy bottom pan and add milk to it. Bring this to a boil.
- Allow this to boil for around 20-30 mins on high heat. Stir this often to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- After it has reduced completely and become thick. Add sugar to it and mix well..
- Let it boil for 10 mins untill it gets thick..The colour will change to a light golden colour.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
Palkova (Microwave Method)
- Take a large microwave safe bowl. Pour in the condensed milk, yogurt and mix well. Put in the microwave for 2 mins. Take it out and mix well. It will look runny at this stage.
- Now put it back in microwave for 2 mins. Take it out and mix well. It will look a little curdled and thick at this point. Add ghee and mix well.
- Now put it back in microwave for 2 mins. Take it out and mix well. It will look a lot curdled and the water will separate from the kova.
- Now put it back in microwave for 2 mins. Take it out and mix well. It will look so curdle and thick at this stage. If your kova is so thick and no more water left. You can enjoy right away. But for me i found a little liquid left. So i put the container in microwave for a min.
- Now the kova will be thick. Mix it up and you could put in any mould to get the shape of it or just enjoy as it is.
- Use a huge pan so that the milk reduces fast.
- Always stir the milk, so that it don’t get stuck and get burned.
- Add sugar in the very end so that the kova gets the right consistency.
- Every microwave is different, so keep an eye on it and always mix it at regular interval.
- As the kova cools it will thicken a lot more, So adjust the timing accordingly.
- I added 1 tsp of ghee. The more ghee you add the more colour you will get in the paal kova. But i recommend 1 tsp of ghee, because this sweet is so rich as its own.