Homemade Graham Crackers Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Graham crackers recipe is one recipe which i wanted to make for a very long time.
For those who are hearing about this for the first time. Graham crackers is nothing but a crispy biscuit with honey and cinnamon flavour. The biscuit is made with whole wheat flour and is little crispy in texture.
This biscuits is usually used for making smores. This biscuits is powdered and used as a crust for cheesecakes and other desserts. This biscuits is produced mass in united states. This biscuits can be had with a cup of tea or coffee.
The dough has very basic ingredients like wheat flour, brown sugar, honey and spices. I used oil instead of butter to make it more healthier. But for added flavour you can use butter. Also for added flavour, you can use molasses instead of honey.
In india it is hard to find graham crackers. So when i wanted to try out smores. I went a step ahead and made my own graham crackers biscuits too. It is not at all hard. Very easy to make.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Graham Crackers Recipe
- Whole Wheat Flour / Atta - 1 cup 120 grams
- Brown Sugar - ½ cup 100 grams
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Cinnamon powder - ½ tsp
- Oil - 4 tblsp
- Honey - 3 tblsp
- Milk - 3 tblsp
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
(MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Take wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, brown sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add oil and crumble it into the flour.
- Mix milk, honey and vanilla in a bowl and add it into the flour and knead to a dough.
- Roll this into a thin sheet between parchment paper.
- Cut as shown.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
1)Take wheat flour in a bowl
2)Add in brown sugar
3)Add in cinnamon powder
4)Add in baking soda
5)Add in salt
7)Add in oil or butter
8)Crumble it into the flour
9)Take milk in a bowl
10)Add in vanilla
11)Add in honey
13)Add it into the flour
14)Knead to a soft dough
15)Roll into a dough
17)Cut the edges
18)Cut into pieces
19)Prick it using a fork
21)Place it in baking sheet
22)Bake till done