Hotel Style Potato Kurma Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super easy and delicious potato kurma which is nearly restaurant style. This not only taste amazing but is super quick to make.
I made this yesterday as a part of my thali recipe. Everyone loved it so much more than anything else. Not only it tasted amazing but it is very easy to make and needs just few ingredients. I have one more version of this recipe which has no coconut added in them, will share that version soon.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 2 large chopped finely
- Tomato - 3 chopped finely
- Potato - 2 large peeled and cubed
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut - ½ cup
- Roasted Gram Dal / Pori Kadalai - 2 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Melon Seeds - 1 tblsp
- Grind ingredients given for grinding to a smooth paste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add onions and saute for 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Add in spice powders and salt.
- Add in coconut masala. Mix well.
- Add water and mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistle. Open the lid and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pressure cooker
2)Add in finely chopped onions
3)Saute for 2 mins
4)Add finely chopped tomatoes
5)Cook till tomatoes get mushy
6)Add in cubed potatoes
7)Saute for 10 mins
8)Add salt and spice powders
10)Now lets grind the masala. Take coconut and fennel seeds in a blender
11)Add gram dal and melon seeds. If you dont have melon seeds, add badam or cashews
13)grind to a smooth puree
14)Add the puree into the potatoes
17)Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistle.
18)Open the lid