Poori Masala Recipe – Poori Kizhangu Recipe with Step wise pictures.
This is a simple basic potato curry / kizhangu curry for poori. This is super easy to make and taste so delicious.
I have shared many version of aloo bhaji, this is a simple version which is my all time favourite. You can serve this with dosa or with some bread too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Onions - 3 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 3 to 4 slit
- Potatoes - 2 large boiled peeled and mashed
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, crackle mustard seeds and urad dal. Add asafoetida and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions, chillies and mixwell. Add salt and cover the onions with a lid and cook for 5 to 8 mins on low flame till onions turn soft.
- Add in turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Serve with poori.
1)Boil some potatoes
2)Peel the skins off
3)Mash it roughly
4)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and urad dal
5)Add in asafoetida
6)Let it sizzle.
7)Add in onions and green chillies.
8)Add in salt
10)Cover and cook for 10 mins
11)Now the onions are soft
12)Add turmeric powder
14)Add in water
15)Bring it to a boil.
16)Simmer for 5 mins.
17)Add in potatoes