How to Make Milk Peda Recipe without Khoya:
- Take a pan. Add in milk powder, sweetened condensed milk, cornflour, lemon juice.
- Cook till it comes together.
- Add ghee and mix well to a dough.
- cool it a little bit.
- Mould it to any size and shapes as you like.
- Refrigerate for few hours.
What is Milk Peda?
Milk peda or Doodh peda is a rich bite size milk sweet which is either made by reducing milk with sugar or made in an instant using milk powder. These are basically called as milk sweets.
Variations and Different Methods of Making Milk Peda:
The traditional method of making milk peda requires lots of time and patience. You need to keep simmering milk in a large pot till it is reduced. Then add lots of sugar and keep cooking till it forms into a dough like. Small portions are pinched from it and shaped into peda like. In my opinion that is the most loved recipe from my blog. Here is the recipe for making traditional milk peda.
2)Milk Peda using Sweetened Condensed Milk (Malai Peda):
This is one of the easiest way of making milk peda, It calls for sweetened condensed milk as the main ingredient. Condensed milk is cooked together with little lemon juice and milk powder till it thickens. Then the mixture is shaped into small pedas.
3)Milk Peda made using Milk Powder:
This method is also an instant version of making milk peda. It is made using milk powder. I have added saffron to add nice fragrance in the peda. It hardly takes less than 10 mins to make.
Here are few variations of making Milk Peda / Malai Peda / Doodh Peda:
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
MORE SWEETS RECIPES,
- cooking pan
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 4 tbsp Milk Powder
- ¼ cup Milk - 1/4 cup
- 3 tbsp Mixed Nuts finely chopped optional
- Take all the ingredients in a nonstick pan.
- Cook it on a medium high heat till the liquid evaporates and the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove it to a bowl and cool it down.
- Take small portion and shape it into a round ball. now shape it like a peda and top with some nuts.
- Chill for few hours.
- Cook all the ingredients in a low flame.
- Use nonstick pan for easy cooking.
- Shape the peda little or big as you like.
- You could use peda shaping moulds too.
- Store these pedas in fridge for faster setting.
- Store the peda in a air tight container in fridge upto a week or more.
- You can store malai peda at room temp for a day.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Take sweetened condensed milk in a nonstick pan|
|add in milk powder|
|add in cornflour|
|add in milk|
|add in lemon juice|
|add in a spoonful of ghee|
|now cook this on medium high heat|
|the mix will begin to curdle a bit|
|keep cooking to evaporate the liquid|
|now it has started to get thick|
|mix till it leaves the sides of the pan|
|remove to a bowl and let it cool|
|take small portion|
|shape it like peda|
|place some nuts on top|
|Chill for few hours and serve|