Soft and spongy dosa made with homemade dosa batter topped with chopped onions and sprinkled with idli podi. This Onion dosa taste delicious with any chutney.
I always wanted to post Onion Dosa recipe in my blog. I know it is simple to make, but this is my favorite..Eat it always..So how would i not post it in 'MY' blog..Onion dosa is pretty easy to make, but i add some extra special things like coriander leaves and idli podi in mine..I think it taste great that way.
About this Recipe
Onion Dosa is a plain dosa recipe with finely chopped onion topping over the dosa, which gives the plain dosa a very yummy flavour. It can be eaten plain or with chutneys. Onions add texture and flavour to foods, whether they are used as a base for a soup, rice or noodle dish, or as a main ingredient. When onions are caramelised and have turned a beautiful golden brown, they can have a spicy perk-me-up
taste when eaten raw in a salad, or they can be very soft and sweet when caramelised and have turned a spicy perk-me-up taste when eaten raw in a salad.
Ingredients for Onion Dosa :
Onions are considered a basic ingredient or the foundation of Indian cooking and are used to make any gravy, curry, or bhuna dish. The flavour and aroma of onion transforms any ordinary dish into a mouthwatering and delectable one. Onions contain antioxidants and compounds that fight inflammation, lower triglyceride levels, and lower cholesterol. All of these factors may reduce the risk of heart disease. Their
potent anti-inflammatory properties may also aid in the reduction of high blood pressure and the prevention of blood clots.
Coriander leaves / Cilantro :
Coriander leaves are used in a variety of cuisines as a flavouring agent. This popular herb, however, has divided people into two camps: those who like it and those who don't. fans describe it as having a fresh citrus flavour with a strong aroma.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Onion Dosa Recipe | Vengaya Dosai Recipe
- Dosa Batter - 1 cup Makes one huge dosa
- Idli podi - as needed You can buy in any super market
- Onion - 1 large finely chopped
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro - 4 tblspn finely chopped
- Oil- 3 tblspn
- Heat a tawa on high heat.When it is hot. Take a cup of batter and spread it like dosa(Not so thinly, make it a little thicker)
- Sprinkle it with lots of finely chopped onion, coriander leaves and idli podi and press it slightly…
- Drizzle some oil all around the sides as well as middle…Let it cook till the botton crisp up.
- Flip over carefully and cook only for a min. Drizzle more oil if needed.
- Remove and serve hot