Delicious paneer 65 which is easy to make. Batter fried paneer 65 which makes a great snack.
Paneer is my favorite ingredients to play around other than chicken. Because what ever you make with paneer taste awesome just like you make with chicken. Paneer is bland on their own, but they just drink up the flavours you add and taste each time differently.
What is Paneer?
Paneer, also known as Indian cottage cheese, is a fresh acid-set cheese prepared from cow or buffalo milk that is popular in the Indian subcontinent (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka). It's a non-aged, non-melting soft cheese created by curdling milk with an acid derived from a fruit or vegetable, such as lemon juice.
About Paneer 65
Paneer 65 is a popular meal from Chennai, India's southernmost city. This delectable delicacy has become well-known throughout the world. The vegetarian equivalent of chicken 65 is this dish. The fried paneer is crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Gobi 65 is my favorite appetizer, i make it quite often. But when i found a packet of paneer in my fridge i thought to use that up and make paneer 65. When i finished making it, it tasted so yum. And everyone where fighting for the last piece too. So here is the recipe and i hope you will love it..
Ingredients for Paneer 65
Corn flour can be used in place of or in addition to wheat flour in breads, pancakes, biscuits, waffles, and pastries. It imparts a characteristic corn flavour and a golden hue.
Coriander Powder :
Coriander powder is commonly used in south Indian dishes such as rasam, kara kuzhambu, and vegetable dishes. It is an important component of many curries and gravies because of its pleasant scent, which stimulates hunger. The addition of ground coriander to pancake and waffle mixtures gives them a pleasant flavour.
Paneer 65 Recipe | Paneer Fry Recipe | Paneer 65 Fry
- Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese - 200 grams
- Oil for Deep frying
- For Batter:
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1.5 tblspn
- Corn Flour / Corn Starch - 3 tblspn
- Rice Flour - 3 tblspn
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp or to taste
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Red Food Colouring a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
- Soya Sauce - 1 tblspn
- Lemon Juice or Vinegar - 1 tblspn
- Water as needed
- Cut paneer into bite size cubes.
- Take all the ingredients for batter and make into a smooth paste by adding water.
- Add in the cubed paneer pieces and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying and fry the paneer pieces on both sides till they are golden.
- Drain on to some paper towel.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Paneer 65 with step by step pictures