Paneer Kheer has become one of my favorite desert. Not only it is easy to make, but it taste really really delicious and cools out body instantly. It is best served chilled, perfect desert for this summer.
Paneer, also known as Indian cottage cheese, is a fresh acid-set cheese prepared from cow or buffalo milk that is popular in the Indian subcontinent (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka). Kheer, also known as Payasam, is a sweet food and a sort of wet pudding popular in India. It is often made with boiling milk, sugar or jaggery, and rice, however it can also be made with daals, bulgur wheat, millet, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn. Desiccated coconut, cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios, almonds, or other dried fruits and nuts are commonly used to flavour it.
Ingredients for Paneer kheer
Paneer is packed with healthy fats and milk proteins, making it an excellent source of nourishment for strong bones, teeth, and skin. It has a soft, milky flavour and a rich crumbly texture that complements strong spice flavours wonderfully.
Milk of good quality has a fairly bland flavour, a faint sweetness, little odour, and a smooth, creamy mouthfeel. It functions as a thickener. Kheer gets its taste and flavour from milk.
Cardamom Powder :
Cardamom powder provides a lovely aroma and flavour to the dish.
You can serve paneer kheer hot, warm or chilled.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Paneer Kheer | Paneer Payasam Recipe
- For Chenna: Check this post
- Milk - 500 ml
- Lemon Juice / Vinegar - 2 tsp
- You can use store bought paneer instead of making chenna, check notes
- For Kheer:
- Milk - 1 liter
- Sugar - ½ cup to ¾ cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Almonds Pistachio, Cashews - a handful finely chopped
- Start by making chenna, boil milk and add in lemon juice in it. Once it starts to curdle, remove it from flame and set aside so it curdles completely. Now drain this and wash this with lots of cold water. Set aside so it drains completely.
- Take milk and sugar in a pan and boil it up and boil till it reduces in half.
- Now add in cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now add in paneer and boil for 2 mins or so.
- Now spoon this to a bowl and top with nuts.
- Chill this for few hours and serve cold.
Paneer Kheer with Step by Step Pictures
|I made chenna..check this post for detail method|