“Pumpkin Erissery or Mathanga Erissery makes a perfect side dish for rice. This takes part in onam sadhya platter.”
This is a healthy side dish which i make very often. This goes well with rice or roti as well. Pumpkin Erissery Recipe-Mathanga Erissery(Kerala style) Pumpkin Erissery Recipe-Mathanga Erissery ·
Erissery is made using vegetables which is then cooked in coconut masala. You can either use pumpkin alone or a mix of pumpkin and yam.
This is a classic onam sadhya recipe which goes in onam sadhya platter.
Pumpkin Erissery or Mathanga Erissery is
- made using fresh ingredients
- Taste spicy and sweet
- Takes part in onam sadhya platter
- Goes well with rice
- Can be served with rotis too
- Healthy and nutritious
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- Yam - 1 cup
- Pumpkin - 2 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black eyed peas - 1/2 cup
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Green Chillies - 2
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Dry Red chillies - 2
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Coconut - 3 tblsp grated
- Soak black eyed peas overnight. Cook in pressure cooker for 4 to 5 whistle. Let the pressure release by itself. Open and set aside.
- Take grinding ingredients to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Take vegetables in a pan. Season with salt and turmeric powder and cook till vegetables is cooked.
- Add in cooked peas and mix well. Add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add in ground paste and cook till the masala is thickened.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in seasoning ingredients and let it sizzle.
- Add in coconut and cook till golden.
- Add the seasoning and mix well.
1)Take yam, pumpkin in a pan, add salt and cook till done.
2)N0w vegetables are cooked.
3)Add in cooked black eyed peas
4)Add in coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds which are ground.
6)Add in turmeric powder, chilli powder and cumin powder
8)Heat coconut oil in a pan, Add in mustard seeds, urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
9)Add in coconut and roast
10)Add in roasted coconut and mix well.