Ragi roti with step by step pictures. Delicious finger millet chapathi which is nutritious and healthy.
approximately 2000 BCE, according to prominent historian K.T. Achaya. Ragi has anti diabetic, antioxidant, and antibacterial qualities, as well as the ability to prevent tumours and atherosclerosis. Ragi is a low-fat, gluten-free grain that is easy to digest.
Ingredients for Ragi Roti
Wheat Flour : The proportion of wheat flour to ragi flour is entirely up to you; you can use more or less of any flour; the quantity listed is my choice, and it yields a soft chapathi with a great ragi taste. If there is more ragi flour in the dough, it is difficult to roll the chapathi neatly, and the chapathi will be a little bit harder; on the other hand, if there is more wheat flour in the dough, the colour of the chapathi will be dull.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Ragi Roti Recipe - Healthy Finger Millet Chapati Recipe
- Wheat Flour / Atta - 1 cup
- Ragi Flour / Finger Millet Flour - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Ajwain / Carom Seeds / Omam - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Warm water as needed
- Take ragi flour in a dry pan and roast till nice aroma comes from it. set aside to cool.
- Now take wheat flour, ragi, salt and ajwain in a bowl and mix well.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Add in warm water and knead to a soft dough.
- Set the dough aside for 30 mins. Divide it into equal portions.
- Take a ball, roll it out.
- Heat a tawa, place roti on top and cook till done on both sides. Apply oil as needed.
- Store in a hot case and serve with any curries.
Ragi Roti with step by step