Chicken kathi rolls with step by step pictures. Simple and easy kathi rolls which has a spicy chicken, capsicum filling inside and rolled.
Hope every one is planning for a great weekend. This is a famous street food item in Mumbai. And it works great for a picnic, Since it becomes handy and filling meal. If you are a vegetarian, instead of chicken you could do this with tofu, paneer or mushrooms.
Chicken Kathi Rolls Recipe
- For Dough:
- All purpose flour/maida-1 cup
- Wheat flour-1 cup
- Oil-1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Warm water-as required
- For filling:
- Chicken breast- 200 gm chopped
- Onion-1 chopped
- Tomato -1 chopped
- Capsicum-½ chopped
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tblspn
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder / malli-2 tsp
- Chat masala- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeera-1 tsp
- Oil-1 tblspn
- Coriander leaves-for garnishing
- Lemon juice-to taste
- For filling:
- Heat oil in a kadai.Add in cumin seeds..Now add in onions and fry till golden.Add in ginger garlic paste,red chilli powder,coriander powder,garam masala powder,chat masala and mix well.
- Add in capsicum and tomatoes and cook till for 3 min.
- Add in the cut up chicken pieces and mix well.Season with salt.Cover with a lid and cook till the chicken is done.
- Remove the lid of the kadai and turn the heat up and let the water evaporates out and chicken become little dry.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- For Roti:
- Mix All purpose flour,wheat flour,salt,oil together with your hands.Add in warm water and make it into a soft dough.Apply some oil over the top.Cover it with damp cloth and let it rest for 30 min.
- Divide this into equal balls and roll it into thin roti.
- Heat a tawa and put this over that and cook on both sides till it gets little brown spots.Now lightly beat one egg and pour half over one side of roti and cook untill the egg sets and gets cooked.remove this and set it aside.
- Now take the roti.Add the filling inside the roti and top it with some chopped onions,capsicum,coriander leaves and some lemon juice.
- Roll it up and enjoy in a nice picnic spot..
Chicken Kathi Rolls Step by Step
|Grab your filling ingredients|
|Heat oil..Add cumin and saunf..throw in onions, g.g.paste, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, chat masala, capsicum, tomatoes and mix well. Add in chicken and mix well|
|cook the chicken|
|Grab your ingredients for dough|
|Beat egg well..This for coating over the roti while toasting|
|Mix all ingredients and form a soft dough|
|Divide the dough into equal portions|
|Roll the roti and toast it in tawa..Drizzle some egg over the top and cook on both sides till golden and egg sets..|
|Take your prepared roti, filling, onions, capsicum, coriander leaves, lemon juice.|
Take the roti and some of the filling..Top it with onion, capsicum, coriander leaves and lemon juice..Roll it up and enjoy