Ginger Sugar Cookies Recipe with step by step pictures. Chewy cookies flavoured with ginger powder which taste absolutely amazing.
Ok Christmas is on its way and lets start doing some good stuffs..I was going through nigella Christmas cookbook and found an awesome recipe for ginger bread. I wanted to bake that immediately because it is ridiculously addictive. I will soon bake it and give you the recipe ok guys.
About Ginger Sugar Cookies Recipe
This is a recipe for ginger cookies which I found when I was browsing through one of favorite blog. I baked it immediately and it turned so good. The cookies turned out so soft and it just melted in my mouth. I took it to office and everyone loved the flavour of this awesome cookies.
The original recipe had some ingredients like molasses and so on. I couldn’t find those stuffs so I substituted it with honey. The texture of the cookies turned a bit different but the taste was superb.You can taste and smell the cinnamon and ginger which you put there and the smell makes you feel happy that Christmas is arrived.So here you go to the step by step recipe with pictures.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Ginger Sugar Cookies Recipe
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Sugar (200 gms)
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Honey (60 ml)
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup Caster Sugar for rolling the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 190° C / 375 °F. Line a tray with foil and brush slightly with butter and set this aside for a moment.
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Take butter in a mixing bowl..Add sugar and beat till it is creamy. Now add in egg and beat well.
- Add in honey and mix well. Now add in the mixed dry ingredients and fold well.
- Put this in the refrigerator for 30 mins or so. Take some sugar in a bowl for dipping the cookies.
- Now take a icecream scoop and scoop the dough and drop it in the sugar bowl and coat the top side with sugar.
- Remove this and arrange it in a tray. Bake it in the oven for 13-15 mins untill light golden.
- Let the cookies cool completely before removing into a cooling rack.
- Let this cool completely and store it in a air tight container.
Ginger Sugar Cookies Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|You will need some granulated sugar to roll your cookies|
|add spices in it|
|set this aside|
|take butter in a bowl|
|and start whipping|
|beat till it gets creamy|
|add in egg and mix well|
|and mix well|
|all mixed up|
|now add flour mixture in|
|and fold gently|
|take an ice cream scoop..I actually buttered it a little bit|
|take a spoonful|
|and roll it in sugar|
|arrange it in a tray|
|baked to perfection|
|allow to cool down|
|this is a really soft cookies which is perfect
with a cup of milk