Sundal made using soy beans or soya beans. Highly nutritious soya bean sundal perfect for this navrathri.
This is a different type of sundal from regular one. It is much tastier than regular ones. It makes a great side dish for rice as well. Makes a great recipe for navrathri, Try this one for your normal sundal and you will love it for sure.
About this recipe
The soya bean is a legume native to East Asia that is widely grown for its edible bean, which has a wide range of applications. The first written record of soybean cultivation appeared in Chinese Emperor Sheng Materia Nung Medica in 2838 BC. Soybean cultivation spread from China to Japan, Korea, and Southeast Asia. Medical records from China, Egypt, and Mesopotamia date back to at least 1500 BC and mention the soybean.
Soya Sandal is a popular dish in India during the Navratri celebrations. Because it is made with the goodness of soya, this dish is high in protein and makes for a nutritious meal. It is a simple dish that you can easily prepare at
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Ingredients for Soya Recipe Bean Sundal :
Soya Beans :
Farmers commonly produce soybean grain with a grassy or beany flavour. This flavour is not an issue when the grain is used as animal feed, but it may be offensive to some people when soybeans are used in food products. The beany flavour is the result of the action of an enzyme called lipoxygenase.
Dry Red Chillies :
Red chilies were introduced to India by Portuguese traders from Mexico. India is now the world leader in the cultivation of dry red chilies. Red chilies are more commonly consumed in hotter regions of India, such as Rajasthan, because they help to keep the blood clean and thin.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Soya Bean Sundal Recipe | Soybean Sundal Recipe
- Soya Beans - 1 cup dry
- For Roasting and Grinding:
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Chana Dal / Kadalai Paruppu - 1 tblspn
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Coriander Seeds - 1 tsp
- Coconut - 2 tblspn grated
- For Seasoning:
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Wash and soak soya beans overnight. Drain and take it in a pressure cooker. Cover with water and pressure cook for 5 whistle till done. Let the steam go by itself and open the cooker. drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add roasting ingredients and roast for couple of mins. Cool it down, and take it in a blender and powder it finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add all seasoning and let it sizzle.
- Add the cooked soya bean and toss well. Add in the spice powder and mix well.
- Add salt to taste. Toss well.
Soy bean sundal Step by Step