Sweet Potato Jaggery Syrup Recipe – Vrat Recipes with Step wise pictures
Sometimes the sweet potatoes which we get here are not at all sweet. I hate eating those. SO i have already shared a recipe for cooking sweet potato in jaggery.This recipe is another method which is often made during vratam. It makes the sweet potatoes taste way more sweet and delicious.
Sweet potatoes are such a healthy one. It adds so much good nutrients on your diet. So when sweet potatoes are cooked with jaggery it adds so much iron too.
Give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Sweet Potatoes - 4 medium peeled and cubed
- Jaggery - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Cardamom Pods - 2
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Take it in a sauce pan, cover with water and bring it to a boil. Simmer and cook till sweet potatoes is done.
- Drain and set aside.
- Take jaggery and water in a sauce pan, bring it to a boil. Cook till jaggery melts. Strain it and add it back in a pan.
- Add cardamom pods and bring it to a good boil. Boil for 5 mins.
- Add sweet potato and cook for few more mins.
1)Peel and chop sweet potatoes
2)Take it in a sauce pan
4)Bring it to a boil, simmer and cook till potatoes turn tender
5)Now it is cooked, drain off the excess water if there is any.
6)Take jaggery in a kadai
7)Add water and simmer till jaggery melts
8)Now the jaggery is melted
9)Strain off the syrup
10)Add it back to the pan
11)Bring it to a boil.
12)Add cardamom pods
13)Add in sweet potatoes
14)Cook till the syrup gets thick
15)Now it is almost done