How to Cook Sweet potatoes with step by step pictures. Sweet potatoes cooked in jaggery syrup taste so delicious and sweet.
Sometimes the sweet potato which we get here are not at all sweet. I hate eating those. Cooking those in jaggery makes it sweet. This recipe is another method which is often made during vratam. It makes them taste way more sweet and delicious.
These are such a healthy vegetable. It adds so much good nutrients on your diet. So when sweet potatoes are cooked with jaggery it adds so much iron too.
Give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Sweet Potatoes - 5 medium size
Jaggery - 1 cup
Water as needed
How to Cook Sweet Potato
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes really well. Cut it in half or as preferred.
- Now take jaggery and water in a pressure cooker.
- Add sweet potatoes in and pressure cook for 3 whistle.
- Simmer for 5 mins. Turn off the heat and let the steam escape all by itself.
- Open the cooker and remove the sweet potatoes.
- Peel off the skin and serve
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Sweet Potato in Jaggery Syrup Recipe - Vrat Recipes
- Sweet Potatoes - 4 medium peeled and cubed
- Jaggery - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Cardamom Pods - 2
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Take it in a sauce pan, cover with water and bring it to a boil. Simmer and cook till sweet potatoes is done.
- Drain and set aside.
- Take jaggery and water in a sauce pan, bring it to a boil. Cook till jaggery melts. Strain it and add it back in a pan.
- Add cardamom pods and bring it to a good boil. Boil for 5 mins.
- Add sweet potato and cook for few more mins.
Step by Step Pictures
1)Peel and chop sweet potatoes
2)Take it in a sauce pan
4)Bring it to a boil, simmer and cook till potatoes turn tender
5)Now it is cooked, drain off the excess water if there is any.
6)Take jaggery in a kadai
7)Add water and simmer till jaggery melts
8)Now the jaggery is melted
9)Strain off the syrup
10)Add it back to the pan
11)Bring it to a boil.
12)Add cardamom pods
13)Add in sweet potatoes
14)Cook till the syrup gets thick
15)Now it is almost done
How to Cook Whole Sweet Potatoes Whole
|Take the vegetable and scrub them really well|
|take jaggery in a pressure cooker|
|add it in to the jaggery water and pressure cook|
|now it is done|