Vanilla cake recipe with step by step pictures. Basic and best vanilla cake recipe made with ingredients like flour, sugar, oil or butter, vanilla extract and eggs.
Finding a good cake recipes can be really difficult. But if you found one, then the recipe has to be kept under lock and keys. In my case it has to be in this blog. This is one of my no fail, vanilla cake recipe. I add tutti fruity or chocolate chips or even nuts in them and take it one step further. But my basic recipe is this one.
I already have a vanilla cake recipe and an eggless vanilla cupcake recipe in this blog. This is another addition to my cakes folder. I made a three layered cake for one of my client, so i baked them in three cake tins and frosted. But if you think that you are not going to make frosting for it, then half the recipe or even you can bake it in a large cake tin.
About Vanilla Cake Recipe
A vanilla cake is a cake that contains vanilla extract. It is frequently covered in icing. It is frequently served at weddings. Cake is a baked flour confection made from flour, sugar, and other ingredients. Cakes were originally bread modifications, but cakes now encompass a wide range of preparations that can be simple or elaborate, and
which share characteristics with desserts such as pastries, meringues, custards, and pies.
Ingredients for Vanilla Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 3 cups / 360 grams
- Sugar - 3 cups / 600 grams Powdered (I used granulated sugar)
- Eggs - 5
- Oil - 1 cup / 240 ml (I used refined oil)
- Milk - ½ cup / 120 ml
- Curd / Yogurt - ½ cup / 120 ml
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tblspn
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
All Purpose Flour / Maida :
Maida requires more oil or butter when baking or cooking because it is lighter and rises faster, which is why bakers prefer maida to atta. All-purpose flour can be used for a variety of tasks, including baking, cooking, coating meats and vegetables, and thickening sauces and gravies. To manufacture all-purpose flour, a blend of
hard wheat (which has more gluten) and soft wheat is crushed together.
Baking powder :
Baking powder is used in baked goods to increase volume and lighten the texture. It works by releasing carbon dioxide gas into a batter or dough via an acid-base reaction, which causes bubbles in the wet mixture to expand and leaven the mixture.
Because of the fantastic flavour it adds, vanilla essence is used in almost every recipe for baked goods. This extract is always added to desserts because it adds flavour chemically and also brings out the flavours of other ingredients in the mixture.
How to Make Basic Vanilla Cake (Soft & Fluffy)
Preheat the oven to 180 Degree C. Grease three 9 inch round cake pans with oil or butter well. Dust it with flour and coat on all sides, now tap of the excess flour and set aside.
Vanilla Cake Batter
Break open 5 eggs in a bowl and set aside. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl and mix well, set aside. Mix curd and milk in a jug and set aside. Now take oil, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl, use an electric beater or handheld mixer to beat the mix till it is light and mixed properly. Add in 1 egg at a time and beat well. Now add in half the flour mix and fold gently. Pour half the curd and milk mix and fold gently. Now add the remaining flour and curd milk mixture and fold well.
Baking the Cake
Now divide the batter between the cake pans and bake for 25 to 30 mins, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Now invert the cake and frost it as you wish.
Vanilla Cake Recipe | Basic Vanilla Cake Recipe (Soft & Spongy)
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour (360 grams)
- 3 cups Sugar 600 grams (Powdered)
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Oil (240 ml)
- ½ cup Milk (120 ml)
- ½ cup Curd (120 ml)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degree C. Grease three 9 inch round cake pans with oil or butter well. Dust it with flour and coat on all sides, now tap off the excess flour and set aside.
- Break open 5 eggs in a bowl and set aside. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl and mix well, set aside. Mix curd and milk in a jug and set aside.
- Now take oil, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl, use a electric beater or handheld mixer to beat the mix till it is light and mixed properly.
- Now add in 1 egg at a time and beat well.
- Now add in half the flour mix and fold gently. Pour half the curd and milk mix and fold gently. Now add the remaining flour and curd milk mixture and fold well.
- Now divide the batter between the cake pans and bake for 25 to 30 mins, or untill a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Now invert the cake and frost it as you wish.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Vanilla Cake Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Crack open 5 eggs in a bowl|
|Take flour in a bowl|
|Add in salt and baking powder|
|Mix it well|
|Now add milk in a jug|
|add curd to it, mix well and set aside.|
|Now take oil in a big mixing bowl|
|Add in sugar|
|Add good amount of vanilla|
|Once it is properly mixed|
|Add eggs one at a time|
|Add eggs one at a time and beat|
|beat till it is frothy|
|Now add in half the flour mix|
|followed by half the milk mix|
|Now add in the remaining flour mix|
|And pour the remaining milk mix|
|Now it is combined|
|Prepare three cake pan, i did a three layered cake,
you can use one big tray too.
|Pour the batter in|
Small Batch Vanilla Cake Recipe (with 2 Eggs)
This is the recipe for soft vanilla cake made with just 2 eggs. Easy and basic recipe for vanilla cake.
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Baking Time : 40 mins
Ingredients for Vanilla Cake (with 2 Eggs)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 ½ cup / 150 grams
- Sugar- 1 cup / 200 grams
- Eggs - 2
- Baking Powder -1 ⅛ tsp
- Baking Soda – ¼ tsp
- Milk - ½ cup / 120 ml
- Vegetable Oil- ½ cup / 120 ml
- Vanilla Essence- 2 tsp
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting as needed
- Sprinkles or any decorative stuffs
How to Make Vanilla Cake (with 2 eggs)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F. Butter a round baking tin on all sides and dust it with flour. Tip off the excess flour and set this aside for a moment.
- Take flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and mix well. Set this aside.
- Take eggs, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat till light and pale.
- Add oil, milk and mix well. Now sift in the flour mixture in this and fold gently until combined.
- Pour this into the prepared tin and bake it for 30-35 mins until it is light golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the tin for 10 mins. Remove it from the tin and allow it to cool down completely and decorate with your favourite frosting.
|Take all your ingredients|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why is it called vanilla cake?
It simply refers to the flavour of vanilla custard ( the classic French way of making ice cream from cream and egg yolks). By incorporating egg yolks into the batter, French vanilla cake mimics the flavour of custard, resulting in a yellow cake.
Is vanilla cake white cake?
A white cake recipe only calls for egg whites, which are either whipped and then folded into the batter or added directly to the butter/sugar mixture. Vanilla cake uses both egg whites and egg yolks (typically), resulting in a slightly off-white coloured cake with the most flavour in my opinion.
What is a Cupcake?
A cupcake is a small cake that can be baked in a small thin paper or aluminium cup. Frosting and other cake decorations, such as fruit and candy, may be used, as with larger cakes.
What is a Ganache?
Ganache is a chocolate and cream glaze, icing, sauce, or filling for pastries.
What is the difference between frosting and ganache?
Ganache is a rich and creamy chocolate and whipping cream mixture, whereas frosting can refer to a variety of baked good toppings.