Cashew Pakoda Recipe – Munthiri Pakoda Recipe – Kaju Pakora Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy and crunchy morsels of heaven. These cashew pakoda taste amazing hot with a cup of chai on any rainy day or during a cool evening.
Cashew pakoda is hubby’s favourite one. He loves any crunchy pakoda with his cup of tea. Specially this one turns out very close to bakery style one. The main point for crunchy yet melt in mouth pakoda is to make the dough really stiff, so use less water.
Also adding hot oil or ghee into the mixture makes it even more crunchy. Some people like to add their cashews raw, but i like to toast them in some ghee and add that into the mixture. This way the cashews turn out super crispy.
Check out my medu pakoda recipe too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Onion - 1 medium size sliced thinly
- Cashews - a big handful
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Green Chillies - 2 slit
- Garlic - 6 cloves crushed
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1.5 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda a pinch
- Rice Flour - 3 tblsp
- Gram Flour - 1 cup
- Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all ingredients except oil, ghee and cashews. and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cashews and fry till golden. Pour this into the mix and mix well.
- Set aside for 10 mins.
- Now add little water and knead to a stiff dough like.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Drop small portion of dough in hot oil and fry till golden.
- Drain and serve
1)Take onions, chilli powder in a bowl
2)Add in salt
3)Add in some asafoetida
4)Add in some baking soda / cooking soda
5)Add in some fennel seeds. You can add some crushed garlic and curry leaves at this point
6) Mix well
7)Add in rice flour
8) Add in gram flour
9)Mix well. Set this aside
10)Heat 2 tblsp ghee in a pan
11)Add in raw cashews
12)Fry till golden brown
13)Add cashews into the besan along with the hot ghee
15)Set this aside for 10 mins
16)Add little water as needed
17)Make it into a stiff sticky dough like
18)Heat oil and take small portion of the dough and drop it in.
19)Fry till golden
20)Drain and serve