Authentic Turkish Delight Recipe with step wise pictures.
Authentic turkish delight which taste so delicious and it is quite easy to make as well. You will need only a handful of ingredients.
Do you guys remember this sweet from the movie narnia. Ever since i watched the movie i always wanted to taste this sweet. But unfortunately it is not available in my place. It was very recently i happened to watch the movie again with maha and mahi. Maha asked me whats that he is eating and she wanted that too. So i thought of making it my own.
Wheat Bran Bars
Almond Chocolate Bars
Oatmeal Chocolate Bars
Peanut Butter Bars
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Peanut Butter chocolate chip energy bars
I browsed online and got to know that it needs just basic ingredients except cream of tartar. So i ordered that from amazon. Couple days back i got the product and made this delicious dessert yesterday. It was very easy to make. The only hard thing is getting the sugar syrup to the right consistency which is not that hard. The end result was so worth it. So please try it.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
FOR CORNFLOUR MIX:
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - 1/2 cup
- Cream of Tartar - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Rose Extract - 1 tsp
- Red Food Colour few drops
- Cornflour - 1 tblsp
- Powdered Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Grease a glass mould with little oil and spread evenly.
- Take sugar, 3/4 cup water and lemon juice in a sauce pan and cook till the sugar syrup reaches soft ball consistency. It will take around 10 mins. Cook the syrup in medium heat. When you spoon some syrup in a bowl of water, you will be able to collect the syrup. This is the stage.
- Now in a nonstick kadai. Take cornflour, cream of tartar, water and mix well using a wire whisk.
- Now place it on heat. Cook till it thickens.
- Now slowly drizzle the syrup and keep mixing.
- Once all the syrup is added. Keep mixing and continue to cook on low heat for 30 to 35 mins. You can see the mixture will get very sticky and thick and leaving the sides of the kadai.
- Add in vanilla, rose extract and red food colour and mix well.
- Pour this in a greased pan and spread with a wet spatula.
- Let it rest and cool for atleast 3 to 4 hours.
- Mix cornflour and icing sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Dust a work surface with cornflour and sugar. Unmould the turkish delight and cut it into strips. Then cubes. Dust more each while cutting.
- Now coat each turkish delight in the sugar mix and enjoy.
1)Drizzle oil in a pan.
3)Take sugar in a sauce pan
5)Add lemon juice
6)Place it on heat
7)Bring it to a boil
8)Cook till the syrup reaches soft ball consistency.
9)Now the syrup is done.
10)Spoon some syrup in a bowl of cold water.
11)You will be able to collect the syrup. This is the stage
12)Take cornflour in a kadai
13)Add in cream of tartar
14)Add in water
16)Place on heat
17)Whisk well till it gets thick
18)Cook till it thickens
19)Once it gets thick like this
20)Pour the syrup in
21)Keep mixing while you pour steadily
22)Now keep mixing and cook this on low heat for 30 to 35 mins
23)Keep mixing often
24)After 35 mins this is the stage which we are looking for.
25)It will be tacky and very sticky
27)Take your extracts
30)Add red food colour
32)Spoon this into the pan
33)use a wet spatula to spread. Now leave to set at room temp for 3 to 4 hours
34)take cornflour in a bowl
35)Add powdered icing sugar
37)Spread some of this mix in a parchment paper
38)Remove the delight
39)Coat well with this mix
40)Cut it into strips
41)Coat each strip with more sugar