- Onion-1 chopped
- Tomato-2 chopped
- Currry leaves-2 cups
- Fenugreek seeds / Vendayam-1 tsp
- Dry red chilli-2
- Garlic-15 cloves
- Cumin seeds / Jeera-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku-1 tsp
- Tamarind / Puli-1 small lime size soaked in water and juice extracted
- Turmeric powder / Manjal podi-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tblspn
- Coriander powder / Malli podi-1 tblspn
- Oil-1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery / Sarkarai-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Curry leaves-1 spring
- In a kadai add 2 tblspn oil and throw in all curry leaves and roast it for 5-10 min till lightly crispy..Fry half of the garlic.Take this both in a food processor and grind it into a fine paste.
- Heat 3 tblspn of oil and crackle some cumin,mustard seeds.Add in fenugreek and dry red chilli.
- Throw in the garlic and turmeric powder.
- Add in onion and cook till it get golden brown.Add in tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes get mushy.
- Add in chilli powder,coriander powder and mix well.
- Pour in the tamarind water,salt and sugar and cook till oil separates.
- Add in the ground curry leaf paste and mix well.Cook till oil separates.
- Make tempering by crackling mustard,cumin and curry leaves in oil.Pour this into the curry and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice.
|Grab ur ingrediants|
|Fry curry leaves and garlic in oil and grind it into a smooth paste by adding some water|
|Saute cumin,mustard,red chilli,fenugreek,garlic,turmeric in oil|
|Add in onions,tomatoes,spice powders and cook till it gets mushy..Add in tamarind juice|
|Add in curry leaf paste and cook till oil separates|
|Make tempering by crackling mustard,cumin,curry leaf in oil and pour this over the curry|