"Dates and Nuts Kheer is a rich and delicious dessert which can be served either hot or cold for this festive season."
Festive season is upon us. Navarathri is coming right now, later diwali. All we need to make out festive occasions even brighter is some easy delicious sweets.
Check out my Most popular halwa recipes
You will need a total of 30 mins to make this kheer. You can soak the nuts in milk for less time if you want. But make sure you grind till smooth. If you don't have much time on hand then this kheer is best.
What all Nuts can you use for this Kheer?
You can use any nuts as you like and as you can afford.
- Cashews and Almonds are best since it adds so much taste to the halwa
- Pistachios add a rich flavour
- Dates adds nice sweetness
- Raisins and sultanas can be added for extra sweetness
- Addition of figs and apricots adds texture to the halwa.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Dates and Nuts Kheer
- Mixed Nuts - 2 cups I used a mix of cashews, pistachios, walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts
- Dates - 10
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Warm Milk - 4 to 5 cups
- Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Take nuts and dates in a bowl, Add in warm milk and let it soak for 30 mins.
- Now take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat 1 tblsp ghee in a kadai. Add in pureed nuts. Saute for 5 mins on low heat till the raw smell leaves.
- Now add in sugar or jaggery and mix well. Keep cooking on low heat till sugar melts and thickens.
- Add in milk and mix well. Simmer till it gets thick. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve warm.
2)Grind the paste coarse if you want kheer with little texture.
3)You can add more dates if you want to reduce sugar.
4)Adding a little saffron would enhance the flavour.
1)Take walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pistachios and almonds
2)Add warm milk
3)Add in dates and let it soak for 30 mins
4)Take it in a blender
5)Puree till smooth
6)Heat ghee in a kadai
7)Add in nuts and dates puree
8)Saute till the raw smell leaves
9)Cook till raw smell leaves
11)Add in sugar
12)Cook till it gets thickened
13)Cook on low flame for 5 mins or so.
14)Now it is almost done.
15)You can see now the nuts kheer mix is thickened.
16)Lower the flame and add milk little at a time.
18)Add more milk and keep mixing.
19)Now it is done.
17)Add cardamom powder.