Sooji Ka Halwa Recipe – Rava Halwa Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious sooji halwa or rava halwa which can be made in few minutes. This halwa not only taste amazing but is super easy to make. Perfect for this diwali.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Sooji / Rava - ½ cup
- Wheat Flour - ¼ cup
- Ghee - ¼ cup + ¼ cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Water - 2.5 cups
- Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
- Nuts - 3 tblsp chopped finely
- Take sooji in a blender and powder it till fine.
- Take jaggery and water in a sauce pan, melt it and strain it. Take it back in sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
- Heat ¼ cup ghee in a kadai. Add in sooji and wheat flour and roast on low heat till nicely roasted. It will take around 3 to 5 mins.
- Now add in the jaggery water and mix well.
- Continue mixing on low heat till it thickens.
- Now add ghee little by little and cook till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add in cardamom powder and nuts and mix well.
1)Take sooji in a blender
2)Powder it fine
3)heat ghee in a pan
4)Add powdered sooji
5)Add in wheat flour
6)Roast for 3 to 5 mins
7)Take jaggery in a sauce pan. I am using clean powdered jaggery
9)Mix well and heat it. If you are using regular jaggery, melt it and then strain it.
10)Bring it to a boil
11)Add it into the kadai
13)Cook till the halwa thickens
14)Add ghee little by little and cook
15)Cook till ghee separates
16)Add more ghee and mix well
17)Add nuts and cardamom powder