Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Egg Pulao Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Egg pulao recipe which taste so delicious and is very easy to make. This pulao is one of the easiest recipe you could make. This takes just few minutes to make. The freshly ground masala gives nice flavour and kick to the pulao. Serve it with any raita and you will be done.
This makes a great lunch box recipe too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Egg Pulao Recipe
- Seera samba rice - 2 cups
- Coconut Oil - 4 tblsp
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Star anise - 1
- Onion - 2 large sliced thinly
- Tomato - 2 chopped
- Salt to tase
- Water - 3 cups
- Mint Leaves a handful
- Coriander Leaves a handful
- Green Chillies - 4 to 5
- Ginger - 1 piece
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Eggs - 5 boiled
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Chilli Powder - ½ tsp
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Grind ingredients given to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add whole spices.
- Add in onions and cook till golden.
- Add in the ground masala and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in rice and water. Bring it to a boil.
- Cover and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Let the pressure release by itself. Open the cooker and fluff up the rice.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add spice powders and mix well. Place cut boiled eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook both sides till brown.
- Add this to the rice and mix gently.
1)Take mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic in a blender and puree till coarse paste.
2)Heat coconut oil in a pressure cooker.
3)Add in fennel seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf
4)Add in sliced onions
5)Cook till golden brown
6)Add in ground masala
7)Saute till raw smell leaves
8)Add in tomatoes
9)Cook till mushy
10)Now the masala is done
11)Add in soaked seera samba rice.
15)Bring it to a boil and cover and pressure cook.
16)Now rice is done.
17)Boil some eggs
18)Heat oil in a pan
19)Add in chilli powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder
20)Add in eggs
21)Season with pepper
23)Add in salt
24)Cook till brown
25)top biryani with eggs